Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Northbridge, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Refinisher Professionals nearCabinet Refinishing // Massachusetts // Northbridge
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
Why should I refinish old cabinets rather than buy new ones?
Cabinet refinishing is a highly advantageous home improvement task that plenty of people find worthwhile. Refinishing cabinets instead of buying new ones is a smart way to limit your impact on the environment by giving used furniture a longer purpose rather than tossing them into landfills. The method of constructing new cabinets also depletes forests and expels pollution into the atmosphere, both of which are significantly diminished when you choose to upcycle current furniture rather than replace it. Some other amazing perks of picking cabinet refinishing are:
- Cost-Efficient: Buying and installing new kitchen cabinets will be very costly, but refinishing current cabinets will allow you to refresh their look relatively affordably.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing can dramatically change the look of your kitchen through relatively small amounts of work or resources.
- Minimal Disruption To Your Life: Cabinet refinishing is seen as a relatively fast and easy way to update their style compared to installing new ones. Because you're repurposing current cabinets that have already been hung, you'll bypass the chaos of having new cabinets built from scratch or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to ensure they fit.
- High-Quality Results: You can expect high-quality results when you allow a qualified contractor to take care of your cabinet refinishing project. The right technique and experience is critical to ensure your cabinets come out as you envisioned, including close attention to necessary steps of prepping the surfaces and allowing the paint or stain to cure before reassembly.
Where does cabinet refacing and refinishing cabinets vary?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two words often used together, but there are considerable differences between them and professional contractors will need to know which service you need. Refacing focuses on replacing the doors or drawer fronts with new materials, while refinishing refreshes the current doors or drawers by sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each technique has its own unique approach and gives a distinctive outcome in the aesthetic of your cabinets, the primary differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How long will refinished cabinets last
One of the best advantages about wood is that it can be refinished multiple times to make the product appear as it did when new, which applies to wood cabinets, as well. The frequency at which one can refinish cabinets depends on many factors, including the strength of the cabinets, the materials used, and how well the cabinets have been maintained. How long your refinished cabinets will last before the project must be followed up depends on wear and tear and what sort of maintenance you perform. A thorough cabinet refinishing job could last anywhere between five and ten years or more, depending on the factors mentioned above.
Are refinished cabinets worth the effort?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always less expensive than purchasing new ones and is a smart investment in many circumstances, including when:
- Current Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: If your cabinets are damaged or decayed, it may be more beneficial to go with a replacement.
- Environmental Sustainability Is a Priority: If reducing your carbon footprint is a priority, you might want to think about cabinet refinishing as a better way to limit waste by refreshing your current cabinetry.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing gives you choices between a large variety of colors and finishes to bring to life a vision that is totally unique and matches your sense of style.
- Trying To Get a Better ROI: If you're planning to sell your home, cabinet refinishing can be a relatively affordable project to enhance its value and maximize ROI.
- You Are Satisfied With the Existing Layout and Functionality: You're current cabinets may already fit in great with your kitchen's design and provide ideal functionality.
- Minimal Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing involves minimal disruption to your lifestyle in contrast to a full cabinet replacement.
Residents in Northbridge, MA have related paying nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Before deciding on cabinet refinishing, evaluate your personal preferences, budget, and the condition of your cabinets to discover if this project is best for you.
Employ The Right Contractor for Cabinet Refinishing Near Northbridge, MA
Cabinet refinishing is an excellent way to beautify the look of your space by updating the appearance of current cabinets without the need for a complete replacement. Professional cabinet refinishers sand and apply customized finishes, such as paint, stain, or other techniques to your existing cabinets to give a new look that suits your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of its primary perks, and several people in Northbridge, MA have reported paying as much as 70% less than they would on having new cabinets built and hung. Attaining a fresh and updated look for your kitchen cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, boosting the value of your house in the process.
Environmental considerations also play a part in why more people are choosing to refinish their cabinets instead of buy and install new ones. Refinishing is a green option that aligns with eco-conscious values in home improvement by minimizing harmful waste and lessening demand for cutting more trees.
Another excellent benefit of cabinet refinishing is that the service will be much less disruptive to your lifestyle than the mess generated to install new ones. Whether purchasing stock or custom-made new cabinets, the space where they're hung will often face some degree of demolition and reconstruction before they fit properly. The consequence is much more dust and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and the better solution for those on a tight schedule.
When searching for a contractor for your cabinet refinishing job, get a feel for their knowledge and skill through pictures of their past work, if they offer any guarantees on their workmanship, online client reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this important information and more is on the easy-to-use Thumbtack platform so you can hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Northbridge, MA confidently.