Find a Pro in Pembroke, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
Is interior painting a good idea?
The short answer will be yes, and there are other valuable benefits to be had from interior painting services:
- Increase the Value of Your House: A great paint job can display to interested buyers that you have taken good care of your property. It can also help sell a home that's on the market faster, even above its asking price. Even if you are not thinking about selling your home in the near future, a proper interior paint job by an expert painting contractor can last up to 7 years. Interior painting is a home improvement project with one of the best ROIs when factoring in the effect on home value and buyer interest.
- Enhance Your Mood at Home: Because interior painting is an economical way to update your house, it is one of the most effective tools to make your home a more comforting and happy space. Assuming you have not painted your house recently or have older colors that you might not like anymore or didn't choose, your rooms may not feel like a space where you truly feel comfortable. Also, growing numbers of people are choosing to work from home and/or staying home a lot more, so making the interior in your home appealing is a bigger priority. Depending on the option you pick, a new paint color can affect your mood as you desire — calm and rested (blues and greens), energetic and motivated (yellows and oranges), or even feel comfortable and content (neutral colors).
- Safeguard From Damage to Your Property: Having your interior painted strengthens your property now by preventing future damage from happening inside and outside of your walls. Many interior walls are manufactured with materials that naturally retain moisture. Eventually, too much absorption can lead to compromised walls which can be detrimental to your property's structural integrity. Water within walls is a catalyst for mold growth which can lead to health concerns. Paint is designed to seal out moisture from getting through the porous walls of your house.
- Boost Air Quality Throughout Your House: Paints currently are produced with low or no volatile organic compounds. In case you or your loved ones suffer from allergies, asthma, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge benefit and a great choice for your property. A fresh coat of paint also limits dirt and other pollutants to a minimum which will improve your home's air quality even more.
- Make Your Interior Look Great: Most homes contain flaws and imperfections. Walls frequently show scratches, dings, and markings from wear and tear to your home over the years. Having your home's interior painted hides those cosmetic issues and can make your room look refreshed and clean. A new paint color for your interior can also modernize your home.
When is the least busy time of year for painters?
One of the biggest advantages to hiring during the colder months is that there is a much lower demand for painting services. The weather often keeps most homeowners from doing home improvement projects, so painting contractors have the availability.
Accordingly, it's possible they'll decrease their price than what they normally do in busier seasons like summer. Summer is a time when most painters are booked around the clock for months on end.
How frequently should I consider repainting my home's exterior?
Cracked and chipped paint are some glaring things to watch out for; however, there are also some less obvious things that can create problems as well. Painting an exterior can be a big project, so it's always a good idea to book professional painters.
What can make this difficult is there is no set deadline for a new coat, since every house differs from the other. Most experts say that you'll need to paint every five to ten years. This will be determined by factors like where you're located, climate, and how well the previous paint job was done.
When you've just acquired a new home, it's possible that you're unaware of the last paint application. It's highly advisable to try and find out, since possessing detailed information about the paint job can be critical. The kind of paint used, the quality of paint, how many layers were applied, and even the color used can all impact its lifespan. It's also helpful to know the time of year in which it was painted, since whether the home was painted on a bright or overcast day can change how well the paint dried.
What are examples of services I should expect my professional painting contractor to provide?
Here are examples of what an expert painter can assist with:
- Choose Colors: In case you're struggling to identify the right colors for your exterior or interior spaces, a full-service contractor can help you in this regard. This will save you time, and you can rely on the experience of your hired professional.
- Prepare the Surface: Paint has a harder time sticking to surfaces that aren't fully cleaned, sanded and primed ahead of time. A full-service professional painter understands this and will handle this prep work before painting begins.
- Keep an Eye Out for Potential Issues: As your home painting service prepares for the paint job, they will assess surfaces for damage. A full-service painting contractor will tell you if they see things like rotted wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim or moldings. These issues must be fixed before the project can start, of course. Your professional may then suggest other dependable contractors to make these repairs, or they could handle it themselves.
- Perform Repairs: Professional painters are proficient at making such repairs. These include drywall repairs, rotted wood replacement or removal, wallpaper deconstruction, fixing damage to the carpentry and moldings, and more. When hiring an expert painter, you likely don't need to go looking for other contractors to handle these issues.
- Paint: After the painter has prepped the home's surfaces, checked for damage, and conducted necessary repairs, they can start painting your exterior and/or interior.
Find a Professional House Painter To Update Your Living Spaces in in Pembroke, MA
When you require a reliable residential painter in Pembroke, MA, Thumbtack is the fastest way to find the right contractor for your budget and schedule. Painting your home is a great way to bring new life into your living space while also significantly increasing its curb appeal. Painting your home inside and out every few years is a relatively low-cost and fast home improvement project that provides a big return on your investment in more ways than one.
The way a newly painted home can elevate your peace and happiness cannot be overlooked as one of the best reasons to perform this home improvement project. A skilled and knowledgeable painting contractor will be able to bring any vision you come up with to life or offer great suggestions about different paint brands and colors to achieve a look you'll love. Various colors can even instill a certain mood for anyone visiting a room, with colors like blue and green triggering feelings of peace and calm while yellows or light greys can instill an added sense of motivation and creativity.
Painting the exterior and interior of your home also supplies plenty of practical advantages for its structural integrity. Paint works as a layer of defense to protect surfaces from a variety of problems caused by insects, fungus, and climate, and can even lengthen the lifespan of trim and siding. Mildew is one of the worst causes of structural decay, but the sealing function of a quality paint job will keep those building materials drier – an advantage for indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that the look of expert results will refresh the appearance of your home inside and out, significantly raising its curb appeal and monetary value.
Thumbtack is a user-friendly site that organizes all the necessary information to let you uncover the perfect painting contractor for the job. Efficiently search through profiles of reputable painters in Pembroke, MA and the surrounding areas focusing on the search criteria you care about most, including customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our unique platform also permits you to directly contact professional residential painters safely and securely to get the answers to any specific questions and concerns you have. Use Thumbtack for yourself today and start narrowing down your search for the pro who can deliver the quality and value you deserve.