Find a Cabinet Painter in Sandwich, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Painting Professionals nearCabinet Painters // Massachusetts // Sandwich
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
Will I be restricted to the type of paint I can put on my cabinets?
An often asked question is about the kind of paint used for cabinets and if there is any difference between it and the paint used on walls. There are distinctions due to the fact that cabinets and walls are very distinct surfaces, and the type of paint typically used for interior walls will face some difficulties when attempting to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Many kitchen cabinets have smooth surfaces because of the materials used in their design to give them their sleek look. Common wall paints might not adhere properly to cabinets or start to chip and flake away prematurely. The kind of paint contractors choose for cabinets contains adhesives that helps it stick to these slick surfaces better, and is also usually thicker to guarantee longer durability. The chemicals and composition of cabinet paint also necessitates longer time to dry and cure than those typically used on walls.
Will any cabinet painting contractor suffice for my job?
Vetting cabinet painting contractors to discover the perfect one for your needs and style requires a substantial amount of work. A good place to start is by understanding precisely what look you're trying to accomplish with your kitchen cabinets. You should ask contractors to see a sample of their past work similar to your vision beforehand to get a sense of their experience and ability. Dependable contractors would be more than happy to grant this request, and many keep a gallery of pictures for potential clients to browse through on their in-person or online.
You need to have a defined budget in mind while choosing professional cabinet painting contractors, as costs sometimes fluctuate largely. Make sure that any painter you consider provides written statements of all equipment and labor costs as well as clear verbal communication throughout the process about it's timeline. The last thing you want is for unexpected surprises to occur after the project begins that can raise costs above what you planned for.
Pay close attention to the professional's reliability by evaluating any online client reviews. Most experienced painters will have feedback and reviews from previous clients available online, and these are also a great way to find out if they have a history of delivering the services you need on time and on budget.
Is the tedious prep stage necessary when painting my cabinets?
It's may be tempting to quickly start painting and get your home improvement project going, but there is some prep that needs to happen first to ensure your cabinets look great and are protected from the heavy-use they will likely see in the years to come. Cabinet painting can quickly become an overwhelming task when attempting it alone, but a professional can quickly and efficiently bring your vision to reality starting with the most common prepping phase of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's critical that any dirt and grease are fully cleaned from cabinet surfaces before painting or staining or it might affect their adherence. The cleaning phase is also a good time to take apart the cabinets and its components, such as drawers, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the next stages easier and more effective.
- Sanding: The good news is that efficiencies in home improvement have made great advancements, and there are products that contractors use to make one of these prepping steps easier. Deglossers, also called liquid sandpaper, is a chemical product that easily removes gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the dusty process of sanding in the old way is virtually obsolete. Deglossers can also penetrate to those edges that are exceedingly difficult to get to with regular sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming will be mandatory in most cases, as it serves many important purposes for the painting that follows, such as allowing for better adhesion, preventing stains and imperfections from bleeding through, and providing an added layer of protection over the cabinet surface. If the existing paint is oil-based and you cover it with a latex paint without priming, it will only flake away and require repainting sooner than expected.
What is the average price of an experienced cabinet painter?
There are many things that play into the price of getting your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, such as the size and layout of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what kind of paint is needed, and the labor costs of the contractor. In Sandwich, MA, you will pay anywhere from a few hundred to a few thousand dollars for a good cabinet painter, and it's recommended to first obtain quotes from several contractors listed on the Thumbtack site to get an accurate estimate based on your requirements and vision.
- Kitchen Complexity or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the layout of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of your project, contractors could charge you according to square footage or by the number of cabinet doors and drawers.
- Type of Paint and Finish: Your contractor must recoup the price of materials if you aren't providing them, and these typically vary by quality. Per-gallon rates for paints utilized in cabinet refinishing range anywhere from twenty to one hundred dollars or more for designer brands with one gallon usually being plenty for most kitchens.
- Labor: Labor will be your most significant expenditure when it comes to professional cabinet painting, but your requested timeline could also raise or lower the overall price depending on what time of the year or how soon you want the job performed.
You'll want to discuss your kitchen's specific cabinets and layout and your vision for them with more than one professional to find the best price.
Beautify Your Kitchen for Less With a Reliable Cabinet Painter Near Sandwich, MA
An exceptional way to boost the appeal of your house and refresh the look of your kitchen at the same time is by enlisting an experienced cabinet painter. Painting your cabinets is a cost-efficient option over expensive replacements that also results in less messy and disruptive demolition and reconstruction. Many kinds of wood, engineered wood, and metal cabinets can be painted to hide years of wear and tear and give them a new look that will match your evolving tastes.
The price of a professional cabinet painter around Sandwich, MA varies, but some customers still report spending less than a third on a painting project versus full cabinet replacements. Other than the difference in labor rates charged by contractors in your location, factors such as the kind of paint chosen, the layout of your kitchen and cabinets, and the scope of the project will determine how much you pay in the end. Be sure to first come up with a budget and then inquire several different painters to figure out an accurate estimate of how much your one-of-a-kind project will cost.
There are also benefits for the world when you choose to let a professional paint your cabinets rather than throw them out and install new models. The manufacturing process with wood or metal cabinets expels many toxic chemicals into the environment, and throwing out wood cabinets adds to landfills and heightens demand for new materials. Your present cabinets could be in good enough shape to simply paint, refinish, and reinstall with a fresh new look that you'll be proud to own.
While looking for the perfect cabinet painting professional matching your budget and needs, you should analyze their client reviews, gallery of previous work, and ask questions about pricing and schedule. A reliable contractor will be willing to show you a history of past projects similar to yours to give you peace of mind, and will talk with you about your cabinets and vision so you know precisely what to expect when the job is complete. Discover all important information you need to vet and choose a professional cabinet painter in Sandwich, MA confidently with the powerful Thumbtack platform today.