Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Saugus, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Refinisher Professionals nearCabinet Refinishing // Massachusetts // Saugus
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What are a few perks of refinished cabinets?
Cabinet refinishing is an especially advantageous home improvement project that plenty of homeowners discover to be worth the effort. Refinishing cabinets instead of completely replacing them is a smart way to limit your impact to the environment by giving used furniture a longer purpose rather than tossing them into landfills. The process of manufacturing new cabinets also requires more wood and releases pollution into the atmosphere, both of which are significantly lessened when you choose to repurpose existing furniture rather than throw it out. Some other excellent advantages of choosing cabinet refinishing include:
- Cost-Effectiveness: Buying and putting in new kitchen cabinets can be very costly, but refinishing current cabinets will allow you to refresh their look for much less money.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the power to drastically switch up the aesthetic of your kitchen with relatively little work and resources.
- Minimal Disruption To Your Home: Cabinet refinishing is considered a relatively quick and easy method to refresh their look versus installing new ones. Since you're utilizing existing cabinets that have already been hung, you'll bypass the chaos of having new cabinets manufactured and the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to make them fit.
- High-Quality Results: You'll receive professional outcomes when you hire an experienced contractor to take care of your cabinet refinishing project. The right technique and experience is crucial to guarantee your cabinets appear as you wished, including close attention to necessary steps of preparing the surfaces and permitting the paint or stain to dry before reassembly.
What are the distinctions of cabinet refacing and the refinishing of cabinets?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two terms sometimes used together, but there are big differences between them and handymen will need to understand which service you want. Refacing is the process of replacing the doors and drawer fronts with new materials, while refinishing refreshes the existing doors and drawers by sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each service features a unique approach and delivers a distinctive outcome in the aesthetic of your cabinets, the key differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How often should cabinets undergo refinishing?
One of the great benefits with wood is that it can be refinished many times to make furniture appear the way it did when new, which applies to wood cabinets, as well. How many times you can refinish cabinets depends on a few factors, including the quality of the cabinets, the materials used, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How many years your refinished cabinets will last before the process needs to be followed up depends on how often they are used and what sort of maintenance you perform. A thorough cabinet refinishing project will typically last anywhere between five and ten years or more, depending on the factors talked about above.
Is cabinet refinishing a wise investment in the look of my home?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always more affordable than installing new models and is a wise investment in many circumstances, including when:
- Current Cabinets Are in Good Condition: If your cabinets are damaged or decayed, it might be more beneficial to go with a replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Priority: If environmental sustainability is one of your biggest values, you might want to consider cabinet refinishing as a better way to reduce waste by upcycling your existing cabinets.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing gives you choices between a huge range of colors and finishes to achieve a vision that is totally unique and matches your tastes.
- Trying To Achieve a Better ROI: If you're planning to sell your house, cabinet refinishing can be a relatively inexpensive project to enhance its value and maximize profits.
- You Are Satisfied With the Current Layout and Functionality: You're existing cabinets might already work well with your kitchen's design and provide ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing involves minimal chaos to your home compared to a complete cabinet replacement.
Property owners of Saugus, Massachusetts have related paying nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Prior to deciding on cabinet refinishing, assess your specific preferences, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to discover if this option is right for you.
Find a Contractor for Cabinet Refinishing Near Saugus, Massachusetts
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to beautify the aesthetic of your home by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a full replacement. Expert cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, including paint, stain, or other methods to your existing cabinets to give a new look that fits your sense of style and design preferences.
The cost-effectiveness of cabinet refinishing is one of the first benefits, and several homeowners in Saugus, Massachusetts have reported paying up to 70% less than they would on having new cabinets built and hung. Attaining a fresh and modern look for your kitchen cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, boosting the value of your house simultaneously.
Environmental considerations also play a role in why more homeowners are beginning to refinish used cabinets versus buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green option that prioritizes eco-conscious values in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and lessening demand for cutting more trees.
Another great advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the service is many times less chaotic to your household than the work it takes to install new ones. Whether buying stock or custom-made new cabinets, the space where they're hung will likely face some degree of demolition and reconstruction for them to fit properly. The result is much more dust and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and a convenient alternative for anyone working with a shorter timeframe.
When selecting an expert for your cabinet refinishing project, gain insights into their experience and reliability through galleries of past work, if they supply any warranties on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this valuable information and more can be found on the simple-to-use Thumbtack site to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Saugus, Massachusetts with confidence.