Find a pro in Scituate, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will put a halt on work and this is going to delay the job. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional can estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the probability of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential properties and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are several factors that will establish the overall cost. Generally, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products being used. The cost of your new roof will be factored by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Scituate, Massachusetts
You can look to Thumbtack to make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services easy in Scituate, Massachusetts. Our streamlined site is easy to navigate, which means you can search through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We help with the vetting process by giving you access to ratings, pricing, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the best professional for your project.
It's important to have a roof you can rely on for your house throughout any season. For a secure home with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing maintenance professional, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can cause worse issues. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar or roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Regular maintenance services will help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
No one should deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many licensed roofers ready to help. With our easy-to-use app, you can get quality roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Scituate, Massachusetts. Find the perfect contractor for your home now.