Find a Cabinet Refinisher in South Orleans, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
Why will cabinet refinishing be beneficial?
Cabinet refinishing is an especially beneficial home improvement task that plenty of homeowners discover to be worthwhile. Refinishing cabinets in lieu of buying new ones is a great practice to reduce your impact on the environment by giving used furniture a longer lifespan rather than contribute to landfills. The process of producing new cabinets also requires more wood and expels toxins into the atmosphere, both of which are significantly lessened when you choose to repurpose current furniture rather than replace it. A few other great benefits of deciding on cabinet refinishing include:
- Cost-Efficient: Buying and putting in new kitchen cabinets will be very expensive, but refinishing existing ones will allow you to refresh their look relatively affordably.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the power to dramatically change the look of your kitchen with relatively little work and resources.
- Limit Disruption To Your Life: Cabinet refinishing is seen as a relatively quick and easy way to update their look compared to installing new ones. Because you're utilizing current cabinets that have already been hung, you'll bypass the long process of having new cabinets built from scratch and the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to ensure they fit.
- Professional Results: You can expect professional outcomes when you allow an experienced contractor to take care of your cabinet refinishing project. The proper technique and skill is critical to ensure your cabinets appear as you envisioned, including following the proper steps of preparing the surfaces and permitting the paint or stain to dry before reassembly.
Is there a distinction between refacing and refinishing cabinets?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two terms often used interchangeably, but there are distinct differences between the two and professional contractors will need to understand which service you want. Refacing focuses on substituting the doors and drawer fronts with new materials, while refinishing refreshes the present doors and drawers via sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each technique has its own unique approach and gives a certain outcome in the aesthetic of your cabinets, the primary differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How many times should cabinets undergo refinishing
One of the great advantages with wood is that it can be refinished multiple times to make the product appear the way it did when new, and this benefit applies to wood cabinets, too. How many times a professional can refinish cabinets is dependent on many factors, including the quality of the cabinets, the components, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How long your refinished cabinets will last before the project needs to be done again is dependent on wear and tear and what kind of maintenance you perform. A well-done cabinet refinishing service should last anywhere between five and ten years or more, depending on the factors mentioned above.
How will I determine if cabinet refinishing is a good option to bring my vision to reality?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always more affordable than installing new models and is a smart investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Current Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: When your cabinets are damaged or significantly warped, it may be more cost-effective to consider replacement.
- Environmental Sustainability Is a Priority: If protecting the environment is a priority, you may want to think about cabinet refinishing as an ideal practice to limit waste by upcycling your current cabinetry.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing can be done in a wide range of colors and finishes to achieve a look that is totally unique and matches your tastes.
- Trying To Achieve a Better ROI: If you're planning to sell your home, cabinet refinishing is a cost-effective project to enhance its appeal to try and maximize profits.
- You Are Satisfied With the Existing Layout and Functionality: You're current cabinets may already fit in well with your kitchen's layout and give ideal functionality.
- Minimum Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing results in less disruption to your lifestyle compared to a complete cabinet replacement.
People in South Orleans, MA have detailed spending nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets compared to replacing them. Before picking cabinet refinishing, weigh your personal needs, budget, and the condition of your cabinets to discover if this project is best for you.
One Place With All The Information Necessary To Hire a Professional Cabinet Refinisher Near South Orleans, MA Confidently
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to transform the look of your home by updating the appearance of current cabinets without the need for a complete replacement. Experienced cabinet refinishers sand and apply customized finishes, including paint, stain, or other techniques to your present cabinets to deliver a new look that aligns with your sense of style and design preferences.
The cost-effectiveness of cabinet refinishing is one of its primary advantages, and several homeowners in South Orleans, MA have reported spending up to 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and hung. Attaining a fresh and updated look for your used cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, increasing the value of your home simultaneously.
Sustainable solutions also play a part in why many homeowners are beginning to refinish their cabinets rather than buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green option that aligns with eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing harmful waste and reducing demand for cutting more trees.
Another excellent advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the service is much less disruptive to your home than the work it takes to install new ones. Whether purchasing stock or custom-built new cabinets, the kitchen where they're hung will likely face some degree of demolition and reconstruction for them to fit properly. The result is much more dust and could take weeks or months before the room is ready for use again, whereas an effective refinishing job is less messy and the better solution for those on a tight schedule.
When selecting a contractor for your cabinet refinishing job, get a feel for their knowledge and reliability through galleries of past work, if they supply any warranties on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how well they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this valuable information and more can be found on the powerful Thumbtack site to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in South Orleans, MA with confidence.