Find a pro in Southampton, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in Southampton, Massachusetts. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to delay the project. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement specialist will be able to approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential spaces and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are several factors that will establish the overall cost. Commonly, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the materials used. The price of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Southampton, Massachusetts
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Southampton, Massachusetts. Our user-friendly platform is easy to navigate, so you can look through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the hiring process by giving you access to ratings, pricing information, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the best candidate for your project.
Our platform also collects useful data to help you prior to sifting through our network of vetted roofing professionals.
Routine appointments can help you stay on top of any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to prolong the life of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, such as:
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to worse issues. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles should be replaced by a roofer. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you an easy option to hire the right professionals to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is streamlined through our platform.