Find a Cabinet Painter in Taunton, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Painting Professionals nearCabinet Painters // Massachusetts // Taunton
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
Does it matter which kind of paint I pick for my cabinets?
An often asked question is about the kind of paint used for cabinets and if there is any difference between it and the paint used for walls. There are distinctions because cabinets and walls are very distinct surfaces, and the kind of paint preferred for home walls will face many challenges when trying to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Most kitchen cabinets have slippery surfaces due to the materials used in their design to give them that sleek look. Common wall paints may not adhere properly to cabinets or start to chip and flake off prematurely. The kind of paint professionals utilize for cabinets contains adhesives that helps it stick to these slippery surfaces better, and is also generally thicker to guarantee longer durability. The chemicals and composition of cabinet paint also requires extended drying and curing times than those usually used on walls.
How can I determine if I've found the right cabinet painter?
Comparing cabinet painters to uncover the most suitable one for your needs and style takes a substantial amount of work. The best place to start is by understanding precisely what style you're trying to accomplish for your kitchen cabinets. You should ask contractors to view a sample of their prior work matching your vision beforehand to gain a feel for their experience and skill. Reliable contractors would be more than happy to grant this request, and many retain a gallery of pictures for potential customers to browse through on their website.
You should have a defined budget in mind while shopping around for professional cabinet painting contractors, as prices sometimes fluctuate significantly. Ensure that any contractor you consider gives written statements of all material and labor expenses as well as clear verbal communication during the process about it's timeline. The last thing you need is for any surprises to occur after the project has started that will raise costs above what you planned for.
Pay close attention to the professional's reputation by checking their online client reviews. Most professional painters will have feedback and reviews from previous customers available online, and these can be an efficient way to find out if they have a history of delivering the services you expect on time and within budget.
Should I just paint over my existing cabinets?
It's always tempting to immediately start painting and get your home improvement project going, but there is some prep that needs to be done beforehand to ensure your cabinets look great and hold up to the heavy-use they will likely see in the future. Cabinet painting can quickly turn into an overwhelming task when doing it alone, but a professional will quickly and effectively bring your vision to reality beginning with the most important prepping phase of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's critical that any dirt or grime are completely cleaned from cabinet surfaces prior to painting or staining or it might affect their adherence. The cleaning step is also an appropriate time to disassemble the cabinets and its gear, including doors, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the next steps easier and more effective.
- Sanding: The good news is that efficiencies in home improvement have made great advancements, and there are products today which professionals use to make some of these prepping steps a breeze. Deglossers, also referred to as liquid sandpaper, is a chemical product that easily removes gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the dusty process of sanding in the traditional way is virtually obsolete. Liquid abrasives can also penetrate to those edges that are exceedingly difficult to get to with traditional sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming will be mandatory in most cases, and it serves a vital purpose for the painting that follows, such as allowing for better adhesion, blocking stains and imperfections from showing through, and providing a protective layer over the cabinet surface. If the existing paint was oil-based and you cover it with a latex paint without priming, it will only flake away and require repainting sooner than you'd like.
Is it expensive to paint kitchen cabinets ?
There are many factors that affect the price of having your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, including the size and layout of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what kind of paint will be used, and the rates of the contractor. In Taunton, MA, you could pay anywhere from a couple hundred to a couple thousand dollars for a good cabinet painter, and it's advised to first obtain quotes from various professionals listed on the Thumbtack site to get an accurate estimate based on your requirements and vision.
- Kitchen Layout or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the layout of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of your project, contractors might charge you based on square footage or by the number of cabinet doors and drawers.
- Type of Paint and Finish: The painter will have to recoup the price of materials if you aren't providing them, and these usually vary by quality. Per-gallon rates for paints used in cabinet painting range anywhere from twenty to one hundred dollars or more for designer brands with one gallon usually being enough for the average kitchen.
- Labor: Labor will be your most significant expense when paying for professional cabinet painting, but your schedule could also raise or lower the overall cost depending on what time of the year or how fast you want the project performed.
You'll need to discuss your kitchen's unique cabinets and layout and your vision for them with more than one contractor to uncover an accurate estimate of price.
Renew Your Cabinets for Less With an Experienced Cabinet Painter Near Taunton, MA
An exceptional way to boost the appeal of your house and update the look of your kitchen at the same time is by hiring a professional cabinet painter. Cabinet painting can be a more affordable option over expensive replacements that also results in less messes and chaotic demolition and reconstruction. Most types of wood, engineered wood, or even metal cabinets can be painted to eliminate years of heavy use and deliver a new look that will match your current style preferences.
The price of a professional cabinet painter in Taunton, MA varies, but many customers still report spending as much as three times less on their painting project than on full cabinet replacements. Other than the fluctuation in labor rates charged by contractors in your area, aspects like the brand of paint chosen, the layout of your kitchen and cabinets, and the scope of the project will dictate how much you pay in the end. You should first come up with a budget and then ask around among a number of different painting contractors to uncover an accurate estimate of how much your one-of-a-kind project will cost.
There are also perks for the planet when you opt to let a contractor paint your cabinets rather than throw them out and hang new models. The manufacturing process with wood and metal cabinets releases many toxic chemicals into the environment, and throwing out wood cabinets adds to landfills and raises demand for new materials. Your existing cabinets could be in fair enough condition to simply paint, refinish, and hang with a fresh new look that you'll be proud to own.
When hunting for the best cabinet painting professional aligning with your budget and needs, you should analyze their client reviews, portfolio of previous work, and inquire about pricing and timeline. A reliable painter will be willing to share their history of delivering projects similar to yours to put you at ease, and will talk with you about your cabinets and vision so you know precisely what to expect when the job is complete. Locate all the information you need to vet and pick a professional cabinet painter near Taunton, MA easily with the powerful Thumbtack platform today.