Find a Pro in Truro, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT EXTERIOR PAINTING
How do you choose the best color for exterior paint?
When you're deciding on a paint color scheme for your home's exterior, selecting a classic color that complements your overall design will be the perfect choice. It's somewhat affordable to boost how your home looks with assistance from a trained and experienced painter. These are some of the considerations you should make when choosing a color arrangement for your exterior painting project:
- Color arrangement: The colors you pick should complement the general look you're going for and the atmosphere you want to create. Make the place your own, especially if you're someone who works from home or spends substantial time there.
- Feeling calm and relaxed: Greens and blues are elegant tones that have the tendency to make you feel at ease.
- Productive and energetic: For fresh color that sticks out from the others, yellows and oranges are bright enough to bring about the desired results.
- Comfort: Subdued, neutral colors like off-white, gray, and beige can make a property feel more pleasant and comfortable.
How can recruiting an exterior painting professional improve your project?
Recruiting an exterior painting contractor to apply new paint to your property will typically provide you with a better outcome than you could bring about on your own. DIY projects don't always go as planned unless you have the tools and experience to carry out the job to industry standards. Instead of spending time covering up errors, homeowners can turn to an exterior painting contractor to carry out the job as skillfully as possible. The knowledge they've gained from their experience in the field will be reflected in the degree of quality exhibited in their craftsmanship. From power washing the exterior, applying primer and paint, and handling the cleanup, you need to a painter to carry it out. With their superior approach and guaranteed workmanship, you don't have to deal with them cutting corners or providing subpar results.
How do you prepare a home for exterior painting?
Exterior painting offers excellent results when it's completed with careful attention to detail and adhering to the highest standards. Professional painters are equipped with the training, tools, and strategies to conduct the job with outstanding workmanship. First-rate workmanship starts with taking precautions that let the paint stick and look amazing for a long time. These are certain steps you need to take to prepare for an exterior painting job:
- Pressure wash: Getting rid of grime and dirt provides you with a spotless area to begin working on, so using power washing equipment is a productive way to rinse it off.
- Scrape off flaky paint: Scraping and sanding down old paint will remove flaky or cracked pieces that have been left behind.
- Get surface ready: Surface repair compounds can repair damage on exterior siding so that you can work on a smooth surface.
- Recaulk: Redo caulk on trim and windows to then paint it for a smooth result.
- Put down drop cloths: Protect your yard from paint by placing drop cloths on shrubs, decks, and sidewalks.
- Priming: Applying primer on bare wood and area that's been smoothed out to let the paint stay.
How much does it cost to paint a home's exterior?
The expenses related to exterior painting services are based on the size of the home, prep work, and paint. A one-level property can cost approximately $5,400 and rise to about $7,500 for a two-level property. It's a great home improvement for many homeowners who want to boost their property's curb appeal and keep it damage-free from the elements all year round. Other criteria that can influence the overall cost is how knowledgeable your painter is because it can mean high-quality workmanship and guaranteed services. Get in touch with a painting contractor near you who can assess the project and provide you with a free, upfront quote for the expenses you can expect to pay.
Thumbtack is the Most Efficient Way to Find Exterior Painting Companies Near Truro, Massachusetts
Start looking for an exterior painting professional on Thumbtack, where you can conveniently compare and seek the assistance of companies in Truro, Massachusetts. If your property needs some new paint, you can hire a contractor with the training and knowledge to deliver excellent services. You can update your property's curb appeal with fresh paint that also offers a durable barrier preventing damage from the elements. By seeking out a professional to carry out the job, you're making sure it will be of high-quality standards.
On our full-scope home management platform, you can quickly search for professionals, check ratings, and read customer testimonials. Homeowners can take a look at results from previous exterior painting projects to gain a better idea of what they can provide. Browsing through professional profiles and simplifying your search is a quicker process when you use our no-charge platform. It's systematic and easy to use for homeowners to find the most suitable contractor for the job in their area. In addition, you can direct message contractors, ask for an estimate, and set up an appointment all in one app.
Review the details of the project with an exterior painting professional who can provide you with beneficial suggestions and help you come up with an elegant color arrangement. Having a freshly painted house can raise your property value and generally make it stand out in the best way. It's incredible what the right sheen, color, and application can do to breathe some new life into a space. Thumbtack is here to make your home improvement visions come true with assistance from a number of local professionals ready to roll up their sleeves and carry out outstanding workmanship. Get an exceptional finished product by using our app and reach out to a knowledgeable exterior painting contractor to take care of every step in the process with careful attention to detail.