Find a pro in Upton, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it provides security for your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for your entire house. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, you could have some leaks in your home, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Because it’s such a fundamental component of your property, a roof in good condition illustrates a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a solid, steady roof over it.
Finally, everyone is happy with an energy efficient home. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to think about. The average roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into account is the weather forecast in Upton, Massachusetts. Storms will make working conditions awful and this can really postpone the project. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor will be able to approximate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential houses and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearHome // Massachusetts // Upton
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Upton, Massachusetts
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Upton, Massachusetts. Our user-friendly app is easy to navigate, which means you can search through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the hiring process by providing you access to in-depth customer reviews, pricing, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company on the app and hire the right professional for the job.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on at any time during the year. For a safe house with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
Routine appointments can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you prolong the lifespan of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may notice certain signs of wear such as:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires attention immediately. An established roof repair contractor can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance company to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Hire someone who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just getting your estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.