Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Vineyard Haven, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What kind of benefits can I look forward to by choosing to refinish my cabinets?
Cabinet refinishing is a highly beneficial home improvement task that many homeowners discover to be worth the effort. Refinishing cabinets in lieu of buying new ones is a good practice to reduce your impact to the environment by giving used furniture a longer lifespan rather than contribute to landfills. The method of manufacturing new cabinets also depletes forests and expels pollution into the atmosphere, both of which are significantly lessened when you choose to repurpose existing furniture rather than replace it. Some other great perks of choosing cabinet refinishing are:
- Cost-Effectiveness: Purchasing and installing new kitchen cabinets can be very costly, but refinishing existing ones will allow you to update their look relatively affordably.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing can drastically change the look of your kitchen with relatively little work or money.
- Limit Disruption To Your Home: Cabinet refinishing is considered a relatively quick and easy method to update their look versus installing new ones. Because you're reusing existing cabinets that have already been hung, you'll bypass the chaos of having new cabinets manufactured and the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to make them fit.
- Professional Results: You can expect professional results when you hire an experienced contractor to handle your cabinet refinishing project. The right technique and skill is critical to ensure your cabinets come out as you envisioned, including close attention to necessary steps of preparing the surfaces and permitting the paint or stain to dry before reassembly.
I've heard of cabinet refacing - is this similar to refinishing them?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two terms often used interchangeably, but there are significant differences between the two and professional contractors will need to understand what service you need. Refacing focuses on substituting the doors or drawer fronts with new materials, while refinishing refreshes the existing doors or drawers by sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each method has a unique approach and gives a distinctive effect in the appearance of your cabinets, the key differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How many times can cabinets undergo refinishing?
One of the great things with wood is that it can be refinished several times to make the product appear the way it did when new, and this benefit applies to wood cabinets, too. How many times you can refinish cabinets is dependent on many factors, including the quality of the wood, the materials used, and how well the cabinets have been maintained. How many years your refinished cabinets will last before the project must be repeated is dependent on how often they are used and what sort of maintenance you conduct. A thorough cabinet refinishing service should last anywhere between five and ten years or longer, depending on the factors mentioned above.
Why is cabinet refinishing a wise investment in my house?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always less expensive than purchasing new ones and is a smart investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Good Condition: When your cabinets are damaged or deteriorating, it could be more beneficial to go with a replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Priority: If protecting the environment is one of your biggest values, you might want to consider cabinet refinishing as a better practice to limit waste by upcycling your existing cabinets.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing gives you choices between a wide range of colors and finishes to achieve a vision that is wholly unique and suits your sense of style.
- Boosting Home Resale Value Cost-Effectively: If you're planning to sell your property, cabinet refinishing can be a cost-effective way to enhance your property's appeal to try and maximize profits.
- You Are Satisfied With the Existing Layout and Operability: You're existing cabinets might already fit in well with your kitchen's design and provide ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Preferred: Cabinet refinishing requires less chaos to your home compared to a full cabinet replacement.
Residents in Vineyard Haven, Massachusetts have detailed paying nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Prior to picking cabinet refinishing, evaluate your personal needs, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to understand if this project is best for you.
Discover The Right Professional for Cabinet Refinishing in Vineyard Haven, Massachusetts
Cabinet refinishing is an excellent way to beautify the look of your kitchen by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a full replacement. Experienced cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, including paint, stain, or other methods to your existing cabinets to deliver a new look that aligns with your sense of style and design preferences.
The cost-effectiveness of cabinet refinishing is one of the first perks, and several homeowners in Vineyard Haven, Massachusetts have reported paying as much as 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and hung. Attaining a fresh and updated look for your used cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, increasing the value of your home simultaneously.
Environmental considerations also play a part in why many homeowners are choosing to refinish used cabinets rather than buy and install new ones. Refinishing is a green option that aligns with eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and reducing demand for cutting more trees.
Another great advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the service is many times less chaotic to your home than the mess generated to install new ones. Regardless of buying stock or custom-made new cabinets, the space where they're hung will likely need to undergo some degree of demolition and reconstruction for them to fit adequately. The result is much more dust and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an effective refinishing job is less messy and the better alternative for those on a tight schedule.
When searching for a contractor for your cabinet refinishing job, gain insights into their experience and skill through pictures of their past work, if they supply any warranties on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how well they communicate with you about time and budget. All of this valuable information and more can be found on the powerful Thumbtack site to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Vineyard Haven, Massachusetts confidently.