Find a pro in Wellesley Hills, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so fundamental for you is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for your entire home. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Since it’s such an important component of your home, a roof in good condition illustrates a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a strong, stable roof protecting it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things involved. The average roof for a residence is around 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Bad weather will put a halt on work and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist will be able to approximate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more expensive products. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential houses and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Wellesley Hills, MA
You can rely on Thumbtack to make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services easy in Wellesley Hills, MA. Our streamlined platform gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can look through various profiles and come up with some options. We help with the hiring process by giving you access to ratings, pricing, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the right candidate for the job.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary so that their property remains in a favorable condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to extend the lifespan of your roof. How do you know it's necessary to get professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may notice certain signs of wear such as:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide first-rate repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a convenient option to hire the right professionals to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is made easier with our app.