Find a pro in West Barnstable, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what time of year it is, you can get in touch with a contractor for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a common time for a replacement, it can be difficult to schedule time with a contractor. This is why waiting until winter could be a better time to book.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather conditions. And summer has the same issue as winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. While the weather can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so fundamental for you is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your home. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could have some leaks in your home, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a roof in good condition shows a reliable property. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a solid, stable roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient property. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearHome // Massachusetts // West Barnstable
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near West Barnstable, Massachusetts
You can look to Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in West Barnstable, Massachusetts. Our user-friendly app is easy to navigate, which means you can look through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the hiring process by providing you access to detailed customer reviews, pricing information, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company on the app and hire the best candidate for your project.
It's important to have a roof you can count on for your house at any time during the year. For a safe house with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
Routine inspections can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to extend the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know when you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may realize there are certain signs of wear such as:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a critical issue and requires immediate attention. A roofing repair contractor can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles should be replaced by an expert. Regular maintenance services will help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a convenient way to hire the right companies for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined with our platform.