Find a pro in West Harwich, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other things to consider. The typical roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will put a damper on work and this is going to push out the timeline. If a storm is supposed to take place during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional can approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can also buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to come out to because there are a few things that will influence the overall cost. Generally, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the materials being used. The price of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in West Harwich, MA
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement companies in West Harwich, MA. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance company want to hire, get a quote, and pay all from one convenient app.
It's crucial to have a roof you can depend on for your house at any time during the year. For a secure home with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you prolong the life of your roof. How do you know it's necessary to get professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may realize there are certain signs of wear including:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical issue and needs to be attended to. A roofing repair company can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and prevent water. Contact a roofing repair company to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Routine maintenance services will help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Find a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined process. When you’ve found the company you want, then it's just getting your estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.