Find a pro in Westborough, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other things to think about. The average roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in Westborough, Massachusetts. Storms will put a halt on work and this will extend the timeline. If bad weather is expected to take place during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the probability of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to know exactly how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are a few things that will establish the total cost. Generally, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials being used. The cost of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Westborough, Massachusetts
When you need roofing maintenance services in Westborough, Massachusetts, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing companies featured on Thumbtack have the qualifications you’re searching for. You can find the right candidate who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is provided and that you get complete satisfaction on your roofing project.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on at any time during the year. For a safe house with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing maintenance professional, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can warp or bend over time.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide first-rate repairs to avoid leaks from doing more damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you an easy way to find the right professionals to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier through our platform.