Find a pro in Westford, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other factors involved. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this can really delay the job. If bad weather is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential homes and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are several factors that will establish the total cost. Mostly, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the products used. The price of your roof replacement will be calculated by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearHome // Massachusetts // Westford
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Westford, Massachusetts
If you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor in Westford, Massachusetts, there's no easier way to go about it. The roofing experts featured on our site have the qualifications you’re looking for. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is provided and that you get total satisfaction on your roof replacement.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required so that their property stays in good condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you keep up with any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to prolong the life of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get a professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, including:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious problem and requires to be attended to. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar or roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just getting your estimate and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.