Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Arnold, Maryland
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What are some perks of cabinet refinishing?
Cabinet refinishing is an especially beneficial home improvement project that plenty of homeowners discover to be worth the effort. Refinishing cabinets in lieu of buying new ones is a great practice to limit your impact to the environment by giving used furniture a longer purpose rather than tossing them into landfills. The method of producing new cabinets also requires more wood and releases toxins into the atmosphere, both of which are significantly diminished when you choose to repurpose current furniture rather than replace it. Some other amazing advantages of choosing cabinet refinishing are:
- Cost-Effectiveness: Buying and hanging new kitchen cabinets will be very costly, but refinishing current cabinets will allow you to refresh their look relatively affordably.
- Breathe New Life Into Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the capability to dramatically change the aesthetic of your kitchen through relatively little work and money.
- Minimal Disruption To Your Home: Cabinet refinishing is considered a relatively quick and simple project to refresh their style compared to installing new ones. Because you're reusing current cabinets that have already been hung, you'll bypass the trouble of having new cabinets manufactured or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to make them fit.
- Professional Results: You'll get high-quality results when you allow a qualified contractor to handle your cabinet refinishing project. The proper technique and skill is critical to make sure your cabinets appear as you planned, including close attention to necessary steps of prepping the surfaces and allowing the paint or stain to dry before reassembly.
I know of cabinet refacing - is that similar to cabinet refinishing?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two words often used together, but there are big differences between them and professional contractors will need to know what service you need. Refacing focuses on substituting the doors and drawer fronts with new materials, while refinishing updates the existing doors and drawers by sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each service features a unique approach and delivers a certain result in the look of your cabinets, the key differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How often do cabinets need to be refinished
One of the great benefits about wood is that it is able to be refinished several times to make furniture look as it did when new, and this benefit applies to wood cabinets, too. How many times you can refinish cabinets depends on many factors, such as the quality of the wood, the components, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How long any refinished cabinets will last before the project needs to be done again depends on how often they are used and what kind of maintenance you conduct. A well-done cabinet refinishing service will typically last anywhere between five and ten years or more, depending on the factors talked about above.
How should I know if cabinet refinishing is the right option to bring my vision to reality?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always cheaper than buying new ones and is a wise investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Current Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: When the cabinets are damaged or deteriorating, it might be more worthwhile to go with a replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Priority: If reducing your carbon footprint is a priority, you might want to think about cabinet refinishing as a better practice to limit waste by refreshing your current cabinets.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing gives you choices between a wide range of colors and finishes to bring to life a look that is wholly unique and matches your sense of style.
- Boosting Home Resale Value Cost-Effectively: If you're preparing to sell your property, cabinet refinishing is a relatively affordable way to boost its appeal to try and maximize profits.
- You Are Pleased With the Existing Layout and Operability: You're current cabinets may already work great with your kitchen's layout and provide ideal functionality.
- Minimum Disruption is Preferred: Cabinet refinishing requires less disruption to your home compared to a full cabinet replacement.
Homeowners in Arnold, MD have reported paying as much as 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Prior to choosing cabinet refinishing, analyze your specific needs, budget, and the condition of your cabinets to discover if this option is right for you.
One Site for All The Information Needed To Hire a Professional Cabinet Refinisher Near Arnold, MD Confidently
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to transform the aesthetic of your kitchen by updating the appearance of current cabinets without the need for a total replacement. Professional cabinet refinishers sand and apply customized finishes, such as paint, stain, or other techniques to your existing cabinets to give a new look that suits your sense of style and design preferences.
The cost-effectiveness of cabinet refinishing is one of the first perks, and many homeowners in Arnold, MD have reported paying as much as 70% less than they would on having new cabinets built and hung. Achieving a fresh and updated look for your kitchen cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, boosting the value of your house in the process.
Sustainable solutions also play a part in why many homeowners are beginning to refinish used cabinets versus buy and install new ones. Refinishing is a green choice that prioritizes eco-conscious values in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and lessening demand for cutting more trees.
Another excellent advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the process is much less chaotic to your household than the mess generated to install new ones. Whether buying stock or custom-built new cabinets, the kitchen where they're hung will often face some degree of demolition and reconstruction for them to fit properly. The consequence is much more debris everywhere and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and a convenient solution for those working with a shorter timeframe.
When selecting an expert for your cabinet refinishing project, get a feel for their knowledge and reliability through pictures of their past work, if they supply any guarantees on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and budget. All of this valuable information and more is on the powerful Thumbtack site so you can hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Arnold, MD confidently.