Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Ashton, Maryland
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
How long will refinished cabinets retain their new look
One of the best things about wood is that it is able to be refinished many times to make the product look as it did when new, which applies to wood cabinets, too. The frequency at which one can refinish cabinets is dependent on many factors, such as the strength of the wood, the components, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How long your refinished cabinets will hold up before the process needs to be repeated is dependent on wear and tear and what kind of maintenance you conduct. A professional cabinet refinishing project should last anywhere between five and ten years or longer, depending on the factors mentioned above.
Why is cabinet refinishing a good investment for the look of my home?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always cheaper than buying new ones and is a worthwhile investment in many circumstances, including when:
- Current Cabinets Are in Good Condition: If the cabinets are damaged or deteriorating, it could be more cost-effective to go with a replacement.
- Environmental Sustainability Is a Priority: If reducing your carbon footprint is one of your biggest values, you may want to consider cabinet refinishing as an ideal way to limit waste by refreshing your current cabinets.
- You Want Unique and Personalized Cabinets: Refinishing can be done in a huge range of colors and finishes to bring to life a vision that is totally unique and matches your tastes.
- Boosting Home Resale Value Cost-Effectively: If you're planning to sell your house, cabinet refinishing is a relatively affordable project to boost its value and maximize ROI.
- You Are Satisfied With the Current Layout and Functionality: You're current cabinets might already fit in perfectly with your kitchen's layout and deliver ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Preferred: Cabinet refinishing results in minimal disruption to your daily life compared to a full cabinet replacement.
Homeowners of Ashton, Maryland have related paying as much as 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Before deciding on cabinet refinishing, evaluate your personal needs, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to know if this option is best for you.
Which certifications or licenses will a cabinet refinishing expert typically possess?
While there aren't industry-mandated licenses designed for cabinet refinishing contractors, there are certain qualifications and indicators of skill that you can refer to when vetting someone to refinish your cabinets. Most professional contractors will highlight their background in carpentry, woodworking, or a related skill on their Thumbtack profile.
You will want to ask the contractor you are thinking about hiring for photos of cabinets they have refinished for previous clients, especially for results that are similar to the style you're trying to accomplish. Along with a picture gallery, most professional contractors can showcase their experience and reputation with online client reviews.
A reputable professional will supply a clear written estimate of the job before it starts, outlining the scope of services, materials, and all associated costs. Contractors should possess exceptional communication skills and a readiness to answer any questions and concerns regarding budget, time, and craftsmanship throughout the refinishing project. It would be wise to also inquire about any warranties or guarantees with the service, which is another factor that can demonstrate they have confidence in the quality of their craftsmanship.
How do professionals refinish cabinets?
A contractor working on your cabinet refinishing project will follow an established process for speed and proven results. There are usually several steps taken to transform the aesthetic of existing cabinets, for example:
- Assessment and Preparation: Cabinets should be first inspected to ensure they are in proper condition for refinishing. If so, any gear will be taken off, including handles, knobs, and hinges, and all cabinet surfaces will be cleaned of dirt, grease, or other residue.
- Touch-Up and Fill: Some small damage, like scratches, dents, or other blemishes in the wood can be repaired or filled to better blend in with staining or painting.
- Painting or Staining: Your choice of paint, stain, or finishing technique will be applied in thin, even coats to accomplish the style you're looking for. The drying and curing process is crucial to imparting a professional result, and may need a few hours to complete.
- Reassembly: Once the paint or stain completely cures, any gear can be reattached and cabinets fully reassembled for use. A quality inspection will guarantee the finished project meets your standards, which includes a last cleanup of the full work area.
It's important to note that the specific refinishing process can vary based on factors like the type of cabinets and the desired finish. Also, contractors may perform specialized techniques, such as distressing or glazing, to accomplish specific stylistic effects, which will require a longer process with more steps. Make sure to communicate clearly with anyone you employ to ensure they can bring your vision to reality.
Find a Professional for Cabinet Refinishing Near Ashton, Maryland
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to transform the look of your space by updating the appearance of current cabinets without the need for a complete replacement. Experienced cabinet refinishers sand and apply customized finishes, including paint, stain, or other techniques to your present cabinets to deliver a new look that aligns with your sense of style and design preferences.
The cost-effectiveness of cabinet refinishing is one of the first perks, and several people in Ashton, Maryland have reported paying as much as 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and installed. Attaining a fresh and updated look for your kitchen cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, boosting the value of your home simultaneously.
Sustainable solutions also play a role in why many people are beginning to refinish their cabinets versus buy and install new ones. Refinishing is a green choice that aligns with eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and lessening demand for wood materials.
Another great advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the process is much less chaotic to your household than the work it takes to install new ones. Regardless of buying stock or custom-built new cabinets, the space where they're installed will likely need to undergo some degree of demolition and reconstruction for them to fit adequately. The consequence is much more debris everywhere and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an effective refinishing job is less messy and the better solution for anyone working with a shorter timeframe.
When considering an expert for your cabinet refinishing job, gain insights into their knowledge and reliability through galleries of past work, if they offer any guarantees on their workmanship, online client reviews, and how well they communicate with you about time and budget. All of this valuable information and more is on the powerful Thumbtack platform so you can hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Ashton, Maryland confidently.