Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Baldwin, Maryland
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What kind of advantages can I look forward to by deciding to refinish my cabinets?
Cabinet refinishing is an especially beneficial home improvement project that many people discover to be worth the effort. Refinishing cabinets rather than totally replacing them is a good practice to reduce your impact to the environment by giving used furniture a longer purpose rather than tossing them into landfills. The method of producing new cabinets also requires more wood and releases toxins into the atmosphere, both of which can be significantly lessened when people choose to upcycle current furniture rather than throw it out. A few other great benefits of picking cabinet refinishing include:
- Cost-Effectiveness: Purchasing and hanging new kitchen cabinets will be very costly, but refinishing current cabinets will allow you to refresh their look relatively affordably.
- Breathe New Life Into Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the power to dramatically switch up the aesthetic of your kitchen through relatively little work or money.
- Limit Disruption To Your Life: Cabinet refinishing is seen as a relatively fast and simple method to refresh their look compared to installing new ones. Since you're repurposing current cabinets that have already been installed, you'll bypass the chaos of having new cabinets manufactured or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to ensure they fit.
- High-Quality Results: You can expect excellent results when you hire an experienced contractor to take care of your cabinet refinishing project. The right technique and skill is critical to make sure your cabinets come out as you wished, including following the proper steps of prepping the surfaces and allowing the paint or stain to cure before reassembly.
Is there a distinction between refacing and refinishing cabinets?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two terms sometimes used interchangeably, but there are considerable differences between the two and professional contractors will need to understand which service you need. Refacing is a process of substituting the doors or drawer fronts with new ones, while refinishing refreshes the current doors or drawers by sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each service has its own unique approach and imparts a distinctive outcome in the aesthetic of your cabinets, the key differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
Is there a suggested number of times I can refinish cabinets
One of the best advantages about wood is that it is able to be refinished several times to make the product appear the way it did when new, which applies to wood cabinets, too. How many times one can refinish cabinets depends on a few factors, such as the durability of the wood, the materials used, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How many years your refinished cabinets will last before the project must be repeated depends on wear and tear and what sort of maintenance you perform. A professional cabinet refinishing service could last anywhere between five and ten years or more, depending on the factors mentioned above.
Is cabinet refinishing a wise investment in my house?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always less expensive than buying new ones and is a wise investment in many circumstances, including when:
- Current Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: If your cabinets are damaged or deteriorating, it could be more cost-effective to consider replacement.
- Environmental Sustainability Is a Value: If reducing your carbon footprint is one of your biggest values, you may want to consider cabinet refinishing as a better practice to reduce landfill trash by upcycling your current cabinets.
- You Want Unique and Personalized Cabinets: Refinishing can be done in a large variety of colors and finishes to achieve a vision that is wholly unique and suits your sense of style.
- Trying To Get a Better ROI: If you're planning to sell your residence, cabinet refinishing can be a cost-effective way to enhance your property's appeal to try and maximize profits.
- You Are Pleased With the Existing Layout and Operability: You're current cabinets may already work well with your kitchen's layout and deliver ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing results in less disruption to your lifestyle compared to a full cabinet replacement.
Residents of Baldwin, MD have reported paying nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets compared to replacing them. Before picking cabinet refinishing, assess your specific preferences, budget, and the condition of your cabinets to discover if this option is right for you.
Discover a Contractor for Cabinet Refinishing in Baldwin, MD
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to beautify the aesthetic of your kitchen by updating the appearance of current cabinets without the need for a full replacement. Professional cabinet refinishers sand and apply customized finishes, such as paint, stain, or other techniques to your present cabinets to give a new look that aligns with your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of the first advantages, and several people in Baldwin, MD have reported paying as much as 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and installed. Attaining a fresh and updated look for your used cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, boosting the value of your home at the same time.
Sustainable solutions also play a part in why many people are starting to refinish their cabinets instead of buy and install new ones. Refinishing is a green option that aligns with eco-conscious values in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and reducing demand for wood materials.
Another excellent advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the service is much less chaotic to your lifestyle than the work it takes to install new ones. Whether purchasing stock or custom-built new cabinets, the space where they're installed will likely need to undergo some level of demolition and reconstruction before they fit adequately. The result is much more debris everywhere and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an effective refinishing job is less messy and the better alternative for those working with a shorter timeframe.
When searching for a contractor for your cabinet refinishing project, gain insights into their knowledge and expertise through pictures of their past work, if they supply any guarantees on their workmanship, online client reviews, and how well they communicate with you about time and budget. All of this valuable information and more is on the powerful Thumbtack site to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Baldwin, MD confidently.