Find a pro in Baltimore, Maryland
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so essential is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for your entire property. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, you could get leaks in your home, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Since it’s such an important part of your property, a well-maintained roof shows a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a strong, steady roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient home. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to think about. The average roof for a residential property is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in Baltimore, MD. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist will be able to come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the probability of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential homes and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a good idea to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Baltimore, MD
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services more convenient in Baltimore, MD. Our streamlined app gives you all the convenience you need, so you can look through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the vetting process by providing you useful information to detailed customer reviews, pricing information, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the right professional for your project.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed so that their property remains in a favorable condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Are you looking for roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Aside from leakage or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to worse issues. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the problem and avoid a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair contractor will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you an easy solution to hire the right companies for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier with our platform.