Find a Pro in Baltimore, Maryland
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Exterior Painting Professionals nearExterior Painting // Maryland // Baltimore
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT EXTERIOR PAINTING
How should you go about picking the right exterior paint color?
When you're deciding on a paint color for your home, choosing a classic color that goes with your overall aesthetic will be the perfect choice. It's somewhat inexpensive to improve the appearance of your home with assistance from a skilled and equipped contractor. These are some of the considerations you should make when picking a color pattern for your exterior painting job:
- Color scheme: The colors you pick should flow with the overall look you're going for and the mood you want to create. Make the space your own, especially if you're someone who works from home or spends substantial time there.
- Feeling relaxed and calm: Greens and blues are stylish tones that have the tendency to make you feel at ease.
- Energetic and productive: For fresh color that's distinctive from the others, oranges and yellows are vivid enough to do the trick.
- Comfort: Subdued, neutral colors like off-white, gray, and beige can make a property feel more pleasant and comfortable.
Why should you retain the services of a professional exterior painting contractor?
Seeking an exterior painter to apply new paint to your property will typically offer you a better result than you could bring about on your own. DIY jobs don't always go as you hope unless you're equipped with the tools and skills to perform the project to industry standards. Instead of covering up flaws, homeowners can seek an exterior painter to carry out the project as skillfully as possible. The knowledge they've garnered from their experience in the field will be reflected in the level of quality exhibited in their workmanship. From pressure washing the siding, applying primer and paint, and taking care of the cleanup, you should hire a contractor to do it all. With their first-rate approach and guaranteed work, you don't have to deal with them taking shortcuts or offering less-than-satisfactory results.
How can you get your home ready for an exterior painting task?
Exterior painting offers excellent results when it's completed with careful attention to detail and adhering to top standards. Professional painters are prepared with the knowledge, tools, and strategies to conduct the project with excellent workmanship. Superb workmanship begins with taking precautions that allow the paint to stick and look great for a long time. Prepare for an exterior painting project by taking the following steps:
- Power wash: Getting rid of dirt and grime provides you with a clear area to begin working on, so using pressure washing tools is a great way to wash it off.
- Scrape off loose paint: Scraping and sanding down old paint will get rid of flaky or cracked parts that have been left behind.
- Prepare surface: Compounds used to repair surfaces can fix flaws on exterior siding so that you can work with a flat surface.
- Recaulk: Fix caulk on trim and windows to then paint over it with a smooth finish.
- Put down drop cloths: Keep paint away from your yard by using drop cloths on sidewalks, shrubs, and decks.
- Priming: Applying primer on bare wood and area that's been fixed to allow the paint to stick.
What's the normal budget for exterior home painting?
The price of exterior painting services are based on the prep work, paint, and size of the home. A one-level property can cost around $5,400 and rise to about $7,500 for a two-level property. It's a worthy investment for many homeowners who want to maximize their property's aesthetic appeal and keep it safe from the elements at all times. Another factor that can influence the overall cost is how skilled your contractor is because it can equate to high-quality workmanship and guaranteed services. Reach out to a local painting contractor who can assess the project and offer you an accurate quote for the costs you can expect to pay.
Find and Hire Exterior Painting Contractors in Baltimore, MD
Start your search for an exterior painter on Thumbtack, so you can easily compare and hire companies in Baltimore, MD. If your property needs some new paint, you can hire a professional with the training and knowledge to offer high-quality services. You can update your home's appearance with new paint that also provides a durable barrier preventing damage from moisture. By hiring a painter to carry out the project, you're ensuring it'll be of high-quality standards.
On our comprehensive home management app, you can quickly browse for contractors, check ratings, and read customer testimonials. Homeowners can take a look at previous exterior painting jobs to gain an understanding of what they can provide. Browsing through professional profiles and simplifying your search is more efficient when you download our free app. It's systematic and simple to use for anyone to choose the best contractor for the project near them. You can even send direct messages, receive an estimate, and schedule an appointment all in one place.
Discuss the project details with an exterior painter who can deliver beneficial recommendations and help you come up with an elegant color arrangement. Painting can increase your home value and essentially make it the envy of the neighborhood. It's awesome what a good sheen, color, and application can do to ameliorate a space. Thumbtack is available to turn your home improvement dreams into reality with assistance from many local contractors ready to roll up their sleeves and deliver outstanding work. Get an outstanding finished product by using our app and get in touch with a knowledgeable professional to handle the entire process with careful attention to detail.