Find a Cabinet Painter in Barclay, Maryland
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Painting Professionals nearCabinet Painters // Maryland // Barclay
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
Am I restricted by the kind of paint I can use for my cabinets?
A commonly asked question pertains to the kind of paint used on cabinets and if there is any difference between it and the paint used for walls. There are distinctions because cabinets and walls are very distinct surfaces, and the type of paint preferred for interior walls will face some challenges when trying to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Most kitchen cabinets have slick surfaces because of the materials used in their design to give them that elegant appearance. Typical wall paints might not adhere properly to cabinets or start to chip and flake away prematurely. The kind of paint professionals use for cabinets has adhesives that allows it to stick to these slippery surfaces better, and is also generally thicker to guarantee longer durability. The chemicals and composition of cabinet paint also needs longer drying and curing times than those typically applied to walls.
Will any cabinet painting contractor suffice for my job?
Comparing cabinet painting contractors to uncover the most suitable one for your specifications and vision takes a substantial amount of work. The first place to begin is by understanding exactly what style you're trying to accomplish with your kitchen cabinets. You should ask contractors to see samples of their past work aligning with what you're looking for beforehand to get a feel for their experience and ability. Trustworthy contractors would be pleased to accommodate this request, and many keep a portfolio for potential customers to browse through on their in-person or online.
You need to have a defined budget in mind while choosing professional cabinet painting contractors, as prices often fluctuate significantly. Check that any painter you hire gives documentation of all equipment and labor expenses and gives clear verbal communication throughout the process about it's timeline. The last thing you need is for unexpected surprises to occur after the project begins that can raise costs above what you planned for.
Give attention to the contractor's reliability by checking their online client reviews. Most experienced painters will have comments and reviews from past customers for view online, and these are also an efficient way to find out if they have a history of delivering the services you expect on time and on budget.
Is the long prep stage a necessity before painting my cabinets?
It's may be enticing to quickly start dipping brushes into paint and get your kitchen remodeling project going, but there is some prep that needs to be done beforehand to ensure your cabinets look as envisioned and hold up to the heavy-use they will likely see in the future. Cabinet painting will quickly become an overwhelming project when doing it on your own, but a professional can quickly and effectively bring your vision to reality beginning with the most common prepping stage of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's crucial that all dirt or grime are completely removed from cabinet surfaces prior to painting or staining or it could affect their adherence. The cleaning step is also the right time to disassemble the cabinets and its components, such as drawers, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the next steps easier and more efficient.
- Sanding: The good news is that innovations in home improvement have made notable strides, and there are products that professionals use to make some of these prepping steps a breeze. Deglossers, also called liquid sandpaper, is a chemical abrasive that quickly strips gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the messy process of sanding in the old way is virtually obsolete. Liquid abrasives will also penetrate to those edges that are exceedingly challenging to get to with traditional sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming is necessary in some cases, and it serves a vital purpose for the painting that comes next, such as allowing for better adhesion, blocking stains and imperfections from bleeding through, and providing a protective layer over the cabinet surface. If the previous paint is oil-based and you cover it with a latex paint before priming, it will only flake off and require repainting sooner than expected.
How do I estimate the price of cabinet painting?
There are many things that play into the price of having your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, including the size and complexity of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what kind of paint is needed, and the rates of the contractor. Around Barclay, Maryland, you will pay anywhere from a couple hundred to a couple thousand dollars for a professional cabinet painter, so it's advised to first seek out quotes from multiple professionals listed on the Thumbtack platform to get an accurate estimate based on your requirements and vision.
- Kitchen Complexity or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the complexity of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of your project, painters might bill you based on square footage or by the number of cabinet doors and drawers.
- Kind of Paint and Finish: Your contractor must recoup the price of paint and other equipment if you aren't providing them, and these typically vary by quality. Per-gallon price of paints used in cabinet painting range anywhere from $20 to $100 or more for designer brands with one gallon usually being enough for most kitchens.
- Labor: Labor will be your biggest expenditure when it comes to professional cabinet painting, but your requested timeline could also raise or lower the overall price depending on what time of the year or how fast you want the job completed.
You'll need to talk about your kitchen's particular cabinets and layout as well as your vision for them with more than one professional to find the best price.
Discover a Cabinet Painting Contractor in Barclay, Maryland to Bring Your Vision to Life
An exceptional way to enhance the value of your property and refresh the appearance of your kitchen simultaneously is by enlisting an experienced cabinet painter. Painting your cabinets is a cost-effective choice over expensive replacements that also requires less messes and chaotic demolition and reconstruction. Most types of wood, engineered wood, and metal cabinets can be painted to conceal years of wear and tear and provide a new look that will match your current tastes.
The price of a professional cabinet painter in Barclay, Maryland fluctuates, but some homeowners have reported spending less than a third on their painting project versus full cabinet replacements. Other than the fluctuation in labor rates of different contractors in your area, factors like the variety of paint chosen, the complexity of your kitchen and cabinets, and the scope of the project will dictate how much you pay in the end. Be sure to start by coming up with a budget and then inquire several different painters to figure out an accurate estimate of how much your one-of-a-kind project will cost.
There are also perks for the planet when you choose to let a professional paint your cabinets instead of throw them out and install new ones. The manufacturing process with wood and metal cabinets expels many toxic chemicals into the environment, and discarding wood cabinets adds to landfills and heightens demand for logging. Your existing cabinets might be in good enough shape to easily paint, refinish, and hang with a fresh new look that you'll be proud to own.
When hunting for the best cabinet painting contractor matching your budget and specifications, you should analyze their client reviews, portfolio of past work, and ask questions about pricing and timeline. A dependable contractor will be happy to share their history of delivering projects similar to yours to put you at ease, and will discuss your cabinets and plan so you understand exactly what to expect when the project is finished. Find all important information you need to vet and pick a professional cabinet painter near Barclay, Maryland confidently with the convenient Thumbtack platform today.