Find a Pro in Barclay, Maryland
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What all will a house painter do?
Here are examples of what an expert painter can help with:
- Pick Colors: When struggling to choose the most suitable colors for your exterior or interior rooms, a full-service contractor can provide invaluable advice. Services like this can save you time, and you can rely on the experience of your vetted painter.
- Preparing the Surface: Paint has a difficult time adhering to surfaces that haven't been properly cleaned, sanded and primed ahead of time. A full-service professional painter understands this and can handle this prep work before painting begins.
- Identify Damages: As your residential painter preps for the paint job, they will assess surfaces for issues. A knowledgeable painting contractor will tell you if they discover anything like rotted wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim or moldings. These surfaces must be remediated before the project can start, of course. Your service could then recommend reliable contractors to perform these repairs, or they could handle it themselves.
- Conduct Light Fixes: Expert painters are proficient at conducting such repairs. These include drywall repairs, rotted wood replacement and removal, wallpaper deconstruction, fixing damage to the carpentry and moldings, and more. By enlisting a high-quality painter, you likely don't need to go searching for other contractors to repair your home.
- Paint: After the painting contractor has cleaned your home's surfaces, checked for structural issues, and conducted necessary repairs, they can start painting your exterior and/or interior.
How much is the typical hourly rate charged by painters?
Normally, a painting contractor's price on services varies between $22 to $43 per hour, and that doesn't include materials or tax.
Take into account that this cost is for the painting services themselves to pay an expert painter hourly. Insurance, taxes, equipment, or any gallons of paint is not reflected in that price.
Is it a smart decision to prioritize interior painting for my house?
The short answer will be yes, and there are other valuable benefits to be had from interior painting services:
- Raise the Value of Your House: A professional paint job can display to potential buyers that you have taken good care of your home. Interior painting can also help sell a home that's on the market sooner, even over listing price. Even if you are not thinking about selling your home in the near future, a good interior paint job by an expert painter could last up to 7 years. You will be making an investment in your home that really pays for itself.
- Enhance Your Mood at Home: Because interior painting is an economical project to update your house, it is one of the most effective tools to make your home a more relaxing and happy space. Assuming you haven't painted your interior recently and have older colors that you might not like anymore or didn't choose, your rooms may not feel like a space where you truly feel comfortable. Additionally, growing numbers of residents are working at home and/or staying home more in general, so making the colors in your home appealing is a higher priority. Depending on the option you pick, a fresh paint color can affect your mood as you desire — peaceful and rested (blues and greens), energetic and motivated (yellows and oranges), or even safe and content (neutral colors).
- Protect and Prevent Damage to Your House: Having your interior painted strengthens your house now and prevents future damage from happening inside and outside of your walls. The majority of interior walls are made of materials that naturally retain moisture. Eventually, enough accumulation of moisture can lead to compromised walls which can be risky to your property's structural integrity. Water within walls is a catalyst for mold growth which may lead to health dangers. Paint works to seal out moisture from getting into the porous walls of your home.
- Improve Air Quality in and Around Your House: Paints currently are produced with low or no volatile organic compounds. In case you or your family suffer from allergies, asthma, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge benefit and a great choice for your property. A new application of paint also keeps dust and other toxins to a minimum which will boost your household's air quality exponentially.
- Make Your Home Look Fantastic: All houses have flaws and blemishes. Walls often have scratches, dings, and markings from the use of your home over the years. Having your house's interior painted eliminates those cosmetic issues and can make your home look updated and clean. A fresh coat of paint applied by an expert contractor will also update your home with a contemporary aesthetic.
What's the period of least business for painters?
A major benefit to booking within the winter season is that it's a slower time of year for painting services. The chillier conditions often keep most homeowners from wanting to do projects, so professional painters are more readily available.
For that reason, they might be able to charge a lower price than what they typically do in peak times of the year like summer. Summer is a time when most painters are scheduled and don't have time for other appointments.
Find a Professional House Painter To Refresh Your Living Spaces in in Barclay, Maryland
When you want a good house painter in Barclay, Maryland, Thumbtack is the quickest way to find the perfect contractor for your budget and needs. Painting your house is a smart choice to breathe new life into your living space while also significantly boosting your home's value. Painting your house inside and out every couple of years is a relatively economical and quick home improvement project that delivers a good return on your investment in more ways than one.
How a newly painted house can improve your peace and happiness cannot be overlooked as one of the best reasons to carry out this home improvement project. An experienced and professional painting contractor can bring any vision you have to reality or offer excellent suggestions about various paint brands and colors to lock down a style you'll love. Some colors can even instill a certain mood when you're inside a room, with colors like blue and green bringing out feelings of peace and calm while yellows and light greys can instill an added sense of motivation and creativity.
Painting the outside and inside of your home also supplies many practical advantages for its durability. Paint works as a sealant to secure surfaces from a range of issues resulting from insects, fungus, and weather, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Water is one of the leading culprits of structural decay, but the sealing ability of a quality paint job will keep those surfaces dry – an advantage for indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that the look of expert handiwork will refresh the appearance of your residence inside and out, notably increasing its curb appeal and monetary value.
Thumbtack is an all-in-one tool that collects all the relevant information to help you uncover the perfect painting contractor for the job. Easily search through profiles of professional painters in Barclay, Maryland and the surrounding areas based on the search criteria that matters most, such as customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our all-in-one platform also allows you to directly message professional house painters safely and securely so you can get the answers to any specific questions and concerns you have. Use Thumbtack for yourself now and start narrowing down your search for a contractor who can deliver the quality and value you deserve.