Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Cambridge, Maryland
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Refinisher Professionals nearCabinet Refinishing // Maryland // Cambridge
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What kind of advantages should I look forward to by deciding to refinish my cabinets?
Cabinet refinishing is an especially advantageous home improvement project that many people discover to be worthwhile. Refinishing cabinets rather than buying new ones is a smart practice to reduce your impact to the environment by giving used furniture a longer lifespan rather than contribute to landfills. The process of manufacturing new cabinets also requires more wood and expels toxins into the atmosphere, both of which are significantly diminished when people choose to repurpose existing furniture rather than throw it out. Some other excellent perks of picking cabinet refinishing include:
- Cost-Efficient: Purchasing and installing new kitchen cabinets can be very costly, but refinishing current cabinets will allow you to update their look for much less money.
- Breathe New Life Into Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the power to dramatically change the aesthetic of your kitchen with relatively little work and resources.
- Minimal Disruption To Your Home: Cabinet refinishing is seen as a relatively fast and easy method to change their look compared to installing new ones. Since you're utilizing existing cabinets that have already been installed, you'll avoid the trouble of having new cabinets manufactured and the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to make them fit.
- High-Quality Results: You can expect excellent outcomes when you allow a competent contractor to carry out your cabinet refinishing project. The proper technique and skill is crucial to make sure your cabinets appear as you envisioned, including close attention to necessary steps of preparing the surfaces and allowing the paint or stain to cure before reassembly.
Where do cabinet refacing and refinishing cabinets vary?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two words often used together, but there are significant differences between them and professional contractors will need to know which service you need. Refacing is the process of replacing the doors and drawer fronts with new ones, while refinishing refreshes the existing doors and drawers via sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each service features its own unique approach and gives a distinctive outcome in the aesthetic of your cabinets, the primary differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How regularly should cabinets undergo refinishing
One of the great benefits about wood is that it can be refinished multiple times to make furniture look as it did when new, and this benefit applies to wood cabinets, as well. The frequency at which one can refinish cabinets is dependent on a few factors, such as the quality of the wood, the components, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How long your refinished cabinets will hold up before the service must be followed up is dependent on how often they are used and what sort of maintenance you conduct. A professional cabinet refinishing service should last anywhere between five and ten years or more, depending on the factors mentioned above.
Are refinished cabinets worth it?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always less expensive than buying new models and is a smart investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Current Cabinets Are in Good Condition: If the cabinets are damaged or significantly warped, it might be more beneficial to go with a replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Value: If protecting the environment is a priority, you may want to consider cabinet refinishing as a better practice to limit landfill trash by refreshing your existing cabinetry.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing gives you choices between a huge range of colors and finishes to achieve a look that is wholly unique and suits your tastes.
- Boosting Home Resale Value Cost-Effectively: If you're preparing to sell your residence, cabinet refinishing is a relatively affordable way to enhance its appeal to try and maximize ROI.
- You Are Pleased With the Existing Layout and Operability: You're existing cabinets might already fit in well with your kitchen's design and deliver ideal functionality.
- Minimal Disruption is Preferred: Cabinet refinishing requires minimal disruption to your daily life compared to a complete cabinet replacement.
Residents of Cambridge, MD have related spending nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Prior to picking cabinet refinishing, analyze your personal needs, budget, and the condition of your cabinets to understand if this project is right for you.
Discover The Right Professional for Cabinet Refinishing in Cambridge, MD
Cabinet refinishing is an excellent way to beautify the aesthetic of your home by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a full replacement. Professional cabinet refinishers sand and apply customized finishes, such as paint, stain, or other methods to your present cabinets to deliver a new look that fits your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of the first advantages, and many people in Cambridge, MD have reported spending up to 70% less than they would on having new cabinets built and installed. Achieving a fresh and updated look for your kitchen cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, increasing the value of your house in the process.
Sustainable solutions also play a part in why many people are starting to refinish used cabinets versus buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green choice that prioritizes eco-conscious values in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and lessening demand for wood materials.
Another excellent advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the process is many times less disruptive to your household than the mess generated to install new ones. Regardless of purchasing stock or custom-built new cabinets, the space where they're installed will often face some level of demolition and reconstruction for them to fit adequately. The result is much more debris everywhere and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and a convenient solution for those working with a shorter timeframe.
When selecting an expert for your cabinet refinishing job, get a feel for their experience and reliability through pictures of their past work, if they supply any warranties on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how well they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this valuable information and more can be found on the powerful Thumbtack platform to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Cambridge, MD with confidence.