Find a pro in Churchville, Maryland
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The typical roof for a residential property is around 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will put a halt on work and this can really postpone the project. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor will be able to approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and do a great job of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
However, asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can always purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the probability of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential houses and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are several factors that will establish the total cost. Usually, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials being used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Churchville, Maryland
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Churchville, Maryland. Our streamlined app gives you all the convenience you need, so you can look through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the vetting process by giving you access to detailed customer reviews, pricing information, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance company on the app and hire the right professional for your project.
It's crucial to have a roof you can rely on for your house throughout any season. For a safe home with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? With the exception of having leaks or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good choice.
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can warp or bend under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to let snow and rain flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and prevent water penetration. A roofer can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Routine repair services will help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
No one should put up with a dilapidated roof when there are so many professional contractors available to assist. With our easy-to-use platform, you can get the finest roofing maintenance services in Churchville, Maryland. Find the right contractor for your home today.