Find a pro in Crownsville, Maryland
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other factors to consider. The typical roof for a residence is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a halt on work and this can really stall the project. If a storm is supposed to happen during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can also purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential spaces and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to come out to because there are several factors that will establish the overall cost. Typically, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials used. The price of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearHome // Maryland // Crownsville
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Crownsville, Maryland
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Crownsville, Maryland. Our user-friendly platform gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can search through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We help with the hiring process by giving you useful information to ratings, pricing, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor on the app and hire the best professional for your project.
Our platform also collects useful data to help you prior to sifting through our network of vetted roofing contractors.
For the most part you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can warp or bend under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair specialist will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
It's unnecessary to put up with a dilapidated roof when there are so many professional contractors ready to help. With our easy-to-use app, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Crownsville, Maryland. Find the right contractor for your property right away.