Find a Pro in Fulton, Maryland
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Exterior Painting Professionals nearExterior Painting // Maryland // Fulton
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT EXTERIOR PAINTING
What factors are essential when picking the exterior paint color?
When you're deciding on a paint color scheme for your home, choosing a classic color that goes with your overall design will be the ideal choice. It's somewhat affordable to enhance how your home looks with help from a trained and experienced painting contractor. These are some of the factors you should think about when selecting a color scheme for your exterior painting job:
- Color arrangement: The colors you choose should complement the overarching design you're aiming for and the atmosphere you want to create. Make the place your own, especially if you're someone who works from home or spends a lot of time there.
- Feeling calm and relaxed: Greens and blues are stylish hues that have the ability to make you feel at ease.
- Productive and energetic: For fresh color that stands out from the others, yellows and oranges are vivid enough to bring about the desired results.
- Comfort: Toned down, versatile colors like beige, off-white, and gray can make a property feel more pleasant and comfortable.
Why may it be beneficial to enlist the skills of an exterior painting professional?
Hiring an exterior painting contractor to apply new paint to your property will normally provide you with a better outcome than you could bring about by yourself. DIY jobs don't always go as planned unless you're equipped with the materials and experience to perform the job to the highest quality standards. Instead of covering up mistakes, homeowners can recruit an exterior painter to carry out the job as efficiently as possible. The skill they've garnered from their experience in the industry will be reflected in the level of quality demonstrated in their workmanship. From pressure washing the exterior, applying primer and paint, and taking care of the cleanup afterward, you should hire a painter to do it all. With their first-rate practices and guaranteed craftsmanship, you don't have to deal with them cutting corners or delivering less-than-satisfactory results.
How do you prepare a home for exterior painting?
Exterior painting provides the best results when it's completed with careful attention to detail and according to top standards. Professional contractors are prepared with the skills, materials, and strategies to do the job with exceptional workmanship. Remarkable workmanship begins with taking precautions that allow the paint to adhere and look great for a long time. These are certain steps you should take to prepare for an exterior painting job:
- Power wash: Removing grime and dirt offers you a clear area to start working on, so using pressure washing equipment is an effective way to rinse it off.
- Sand away flaky paint: Scraping and sanding down old paint will get rid of flaky or cracked pieces that have been left behind.
- Get surface ready: Surface repair compounds can repair irregularities on exterior of your home so that you can work with a flat finish.
- Recaulk: Improve caulk on windows and trim to then paint it with a smooth result.
- Put down drop cloths: Protect your yard from paint by placing drop cloths on sidewalks, shrubs, and decks.
- Priming: Applying primer on bare wood and area that's been repaired to allow the paint to adhere.
What's the price related to painting the exterior of a home?
The expenses related to exterior painting services depends on the prep work, paint, and size of the home. A one-level property can have a price of around $5,400 and rise to about $7,500 for a two-level property. It's an excellent project for many homeowners who want to enhance their property's curb appeal and keep it safe from the elements all year round. Other criteria that can influence the overall price is how experienced your painter is because it can equal higher quality workmanship and guaranteed services. Get in touch with a painting contractor near you who can assess the project and provide you with an accurate quote for the expenses you can anticipate to pay.
Search for Exterior Home Painting Companies in Fulton, Maryland
Start your search for an exterior painter on Thumbtack, so you can conveniently compare and hire companies in Fulton, Maryland. If your property needs some new paint, you can find a contractor with the training and knowledge to offer high-quality services. You can update your home's curb appeal with new paint that simultaneously provides a hardwearing barrier preventing damage. By hiring a professional to take care of the job, you're making sure it will be of the highest quality standards.
On our comprehensive home management app, you can swiftly look for professionals, check ratings, and read customer testimonials. Homeowners can check out other exterior painting jobs to get a good idea of their level of expertise. Look through professional profiles and simplifying your search is more efficient when you download our free app. It's convenient and simple to use for homeowners to pick the most qualified contractor for the job near them. You can also send direct messages, receive a quote, and schedule a consultation all in one place.
Review the details of the job with an exterior painter who can deliver helpful recommendations and help you brainstorm a beautiful color combination. Having a freshly painted home can raise your property value and overall make it stand out in the best way. It's amazing what the right sheen, color, and application can do to bring some new life into a space. Thumbtack is available to make your home improvement visions come true with help from a number of local contractors ready to roll up their sleeves and carry out outstanding craftsmanship. Get excellent results by downloading our home management platform and contacting an experienced professional to take care of every step in the process with the utmost attention to detail.