Find a Pro in Germantown, Maryland
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Exterior Painting Professionals nearExterior Painting // Maryland // Germantown
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT EXTERIOR PAINTING
What factors should influence your choice of exterior paint color?
When you're picking a paint color scheme for your home, selecting a classic color that complements your overall aesthetic will be the best choice. It's relatively inexpensive to improve how your home looks with assistance from a knowledgeable and experienced painter. These are some of the considerations you should make when choosing a color scheme for your exterior painting job:
- Color pattern: The colors you pick should complement the overarching aesthetic you're going for and the atmosphere you want to spend time in. Make the space your own, especially for people who work from home or spend a lot of time there.
- Feeling relaxed and calm: Blues and greens are stylish shades that have the ability to give you a serene feeling.
- Energetic and productive: For fresh color that sticks out from the rest, oranges and yellows are vivid enough to do the trick.
- Comfort: Muted, versatile colors like gray, beige, and off-white can make a home feel more pleasant and comfortable.
In what ways can recruiting an exterior painting professional improve your project?
Seeking an exterior painting contractor to apply new paint to your home will usually provide you with a better outcome than you could achieve by yourself. DIY projects don't always go as planned unless you're equipped with the tools and knowledge to execute the job to industry standards. Instead of spending time attempting to fix flaws, homeowners can hire an exterior painter to carry out the job as adeptly as possible. The knowledge they've acquired from their experience in the field will be mirrored in the level of quality demonstrated in their craftsmanship. From pressure washing the siding, applying primer and paint, and taking care of the cleanup, you should hire a painter to execute it. With their first-rate approach and guaranteed craftsmanship, you don't have to worry about them taking shortcuts or offering subpar results.
How can you get your home prepared for an exterior painting job?
Exterior painting provides excellent results when it's completed with careful attention to detail and adhering to high-quality standards. Professional painters are prepared with the knowledge, tools, and techniques to do the job with exceptional craftsmanship. Superb craftsmanship starts with taking precautions that help the paint adhere and look beautiful for many years. These are certain steps you should take to prepare for an exterior painting job:
- Pressure wash: Removing dirt and grime provides you with a clear area to work with, so using pressure washing tools is a great way to wash it off.
- Sand away loose paint: Scraping and sanding down old paint will get rid of flaky or cracked pieces that have been left behind.
- Prepare surface: Compounds used to repair surfaces can repair flaws on exterior of your home so that you can work with a smooth texture.
- Recaulk: Fix caulk on trim and windows to then paint over it for a streamlined varnish.
- Put down drop cloths: Protect your yard from paint by using drop cloths on shrubs, decks, and sidewalks.
- Priming: Rolling primer on bare wood and area that's been fixed to help the paint adhere.
What's the cost associated with painting the exterior of a residential property?
The cost of exterior painting services depends on the prep work, paint, and size of the home. A one-story home can have a price of approximately $5,400 and rise to about $7,500 for a two-story home. It's an excellent home improvement for many homeowners who want to enhance their property's curb appeal and keep it damage-free from the elements throughout the year. Other criteria that can contribute to the overall price is how knowledgeable your painter is because it can result in higher quality craftsmanship and guaranteed services. Get in touch with a painting contractor near you who can assess the project and give you an accurate quote for the costs you can expect to pay.
Search for Exterior Painting Companies in Germantown, Maryland
Start looking for an exterior painting professional on Thumbtack, where you can easily compare and hire companies in Germantown, Maryland. If your home needs a new coat of paint, you can find a professional with the skills and background to provide high-quality services. You can update your property's aesthetic with new paint that offers a hardwearing barrier preventing damage from the elements at the same time. By hiring a contractor to take care of the job, you're making sure it'll meet your specifications.
On our full-scope home management platform, you can swiftly search for painters, check ratings, and read reviews. Homeowners can check out previous exterior painting projects to gain a good idea of their level of expertise. Look through professional profiles and easing your search is a quicker process when you use our no-cost platform. It's systematic and simple to use for anyone to choose the most qualified professional for the job in their area. Additionally, you can send direct messages, receive an estimate, and book an appointment all on one platform.
Discuss the project details with an exterior painting professional who can deliver useful tips and help you come up with an attractive color scheme. Having a freshly painted house can raise your property value and essentially make it stand out in the best way. It's awesome what a good color, sheen, and application can do to ameliorate a space. Thumbtack is here to turn your home improvement dreams into reality with assistance from a number of local contractors ready to roll up their sleeves and perform exceptional craftsmanship. Get an outstanding finished product by using our home management platform and contacting an experienced professional to take care of every step in the process with the utmost attention to detail.