Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Glenwood, Maryland
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
Why should I refinish my cabinets instead of purchase new ones?
Cabinet refinishing is an especially beneficial home improvement task that many people discover to be worth the effort. Refinishing cabinets instead of buying new ones is a great way to limit your impact on the environment by giving used furniture a longer purpose rather than contribute to landfills. The method of manufacturing new cabinets also requires more wood and expels toxins into the atmosphere, both of which are significantly diminished when people choose to repurpose current furniture rather than replace it. Some other excellent perks of picking cabinet refinishing are:
- Cost-Effectiveness: Buying and putting in new kitchen cabinets can be very costly, but refinishing existing ones will allow you to refresh their look relatively affordably.
- Breathe New Life Into Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing can drastically change the style of your kitchen through relatively little work and resources.
- Minimal Disruption To Your Life: Cabinet refinishing is seen as a relatively fast and simple way to refresh their style versus installing new ones. Because you're utilizing current cabinets that have already been installed, you'll bypass the long process of having custom-made cabinets manufactured or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to ensure they fit.
- Professional Results: You'll receive high-quality outcomes when you hire an experienced contractor to handle your cabinet refinishing project. The proper technique and skill is crucial to make sure your cabinets appear as you wished, including following the proper steps of prepping the surfaces and permitting the paint or stain to cure before reassembly.
What are the distinctions between cabinet refacing and cabinet refinishing?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two words often used interchangeably, but there are distinct differences between the two and professional contractors will need to understand which service you want. Refacing is the process of substituting the doors and drawer fronts with new ones, while refinishing refreshes the present doors and drawers by sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each method has a unique approach and offers a distinctive effect in the appearance of your cabinets, the primary differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
What is the recommended amount of times I should refinish cabinets
One of the great things with wood is that it can be refinished multiple times to make furniture look the way it did when new, and this benefit applies to wood cabinets, too. The frequency at which a professional can refinish cabinets is dependent on many factors, such as the quality of the cabinets, the components, and how well the cabinets have been maintained. How many years your refinished cabinets will hold up before the process must be repeated is dependent on how often they are used and what sort of maintenance you perform. A professional cabinet refinishing job could last anywhere between five and ten years or more, depending on the factors mentioned above.
Is cabinet refinishing a wise investment in the look of my home?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always less expensive than purchasing new ones and is a smart investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Good Condition: When the cabinets are damaged or deteriorating, it may be more beneficial to consider replacement.
- Environmental Sustainability Is a Priority: If protecting the environment is a priority, you may want to think about cabinet refinishing as an ideal way to limit landfill trash by refreshing your current cabinets.
- You Want Unique and Personalized Cabinets: Refinishing gives you choices between a large variety of colors and finishes to achieve a look that is totally unique and suits your sense of style.
- Trying To Get a Better Return on Investment: If you're planning to sell your residence, cabinet refinishing is a relatively inexpensive way to boost your property's appeal to try and maximize profits.
- You Are Satisfied With the Existing Layout and Functionality: You're current cabinets might already fit in well with your kitchen's layout and give ideal functionality.
- Minimum Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing results in minimal chaos to your lifestyle in contrast to a complete cabinet replacement.
Residents in Glenwood, Maryland have communicated spending nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Prior to deciding on cabinet refinishing, analyze your personal needs, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to discover if this project is best for you.
One Platform for All The Information Needed To Hire a Professional Cabinet Refinisher Near Glenwood, Maryland Confidently
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to transform the style of your space by updating the appearance of current cabinets without the need for a full replacement. Expert cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, like paint, stain, or other methods to your present cabinets to deliver a new look that suits your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of its primary perks, and many people in Glenwood, Maryland have reported spending as much as 70% less than they would on having new cabinets built and installed. Attaining a fresh and updated look for your kitchen cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, increasing the value of your house in the process.
Environmental considerations also play a role in why many people are beginning to refinish used cabinets instead of buy and install new ones. Refinishing is a green choice that prioritizes eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and reducing demand for wood products.
Another great advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the process is many times less disruptive to your home than the mess generated to install new ones. Whether purchasing stock or custom-made new cabinets, the kitchen where they're installed will often face some level of demolition and reconstruction before they fit properly. The consequence is much more dust and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and a convenient alternative for anyone on a tight schedule.
When selecting an expert for your cabinet refinishing project, gain insights into their knowledge and reliability through pictures of their past work, if they supply any warranties on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how well they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this important information and more is on the easy-to-use Thumbtack platform so you can hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Glenwood, Maryland with confidence.