Find a Pro in Glenwood, Maryland
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
Is investing in interior painting a smart idea?
The short answer will be yes, and there are other valuable benefits to be had from interior painting projects:
- Boost the Value of Your House: A good paint job will communicate to interested buyers that you have taken good care of your property. Interior painting will also help sell a residence that's on the market faster, even over asking price. Even if you are not planning on listing your residence in the foreseeable future, a proper interior paint job by a professional painting contractor can last up to 7 years. Interior painting is a home improvement project with one of the best returns when factoring in the effect on property value and buyer interest.
- Boost Your Mood at Home: Since interior painting is a relatively inexpensive way to update your home, it can be one of the best tools to make your home a more comforting and happy space. If you haven't painted your house recently or have poor colors that you might not like anymore or didn't choose, your rooms may not feel like a space where you truly feel at peace. Also, many residents are choosing to work at home and/or staying home a lot more, so making the interior in your home appealing is a higher priority. Depending on the color scheme you select, the right paint color will affect your mood as you desire — calm and relaxed (blues and greens), energetic and productive (yellows and oranges), and even feel comfortable and content (neutral colors).
- Safeguard From Damage to Your Property: Having your interior painted protects your residence now by preventing future damage from occurring inside and outside of your walls. The majority of interior walls are manufactured with components that naturally absorb moisture. Eventually, enough absorption will result in degraded walls which can be risky to your property's structural integrity. Moisture within walls becomes a catalyst for mold growth which may result in health issues. Paint is designed to seal out moisture from infiltrating the porous walls of your home.
- Enhance Air Quality in and Around Your House: Paints currently are manufactured with low or no volatile organic compounds. In case you or your loved ones have allergies, asthma, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge benefit and the perfect option for your interior. A fresh coat of paint also keeps dirt and other toxins to a minimum which will improve your home's air quality exponentially.
- Make Your House Look Fantastic: All homes contain flaws and blemishes. Walls frequently feature scratches, dings, and marks from wear and tear to your residence over time. Having your house's interior painted covers those cosmetic issues and will make your room look refreshed and clean. A new coat of paint applied by a vetted contractor will also update your home with a contemporary aesthetic.
During what period of the year are painters usually less occupied?
One of the biggest advantages about hiring during the colder months is that it's a slower time of year for painting services. The colder conditions often keep people from doing home improvement projects, so painting professionals have the availability.
Accordingly, they might be able to decrease their rates than what they typically do in busier seasons like summer. Summer is a time when most painters are scheduled around the clock for months on end.
What is the right schedule for repainting the outside of a residence?
There are some obvious signs to keep an eye out for, like chipped or cracked paint, but there are also some less obvious things that can cause issues too. Exterior painting is a pretty extensive project, so it's never a bad idea to hire expert painters.
Unfortunately, there is no set deadline for a new coat, because every house is different. A lot of experts say that you'll need to paint approximately within five to ten years, based on factors such as where you're located, weather, and the previous paint job.
When you've just acquired a house, you could be in the dark about the last painting date of the house. It's highly advisable to try to find out, because possessing detailed information about the paint job will make a big difference. The kind of paint used, the quality of paint, how many coats were applied, and even the color used can all impact its durability. It's also helpful to know the season in which it was painted, because whether your house was painted on a sunny or cloudy day can affect how well the paint dries.
What all does a house painter do?
Here are examples of what a professional painter will assist with:
- Pick Colors: In case you're struggling to choose the most suitable colors for your exterior or interior spaces, a full-service contractor will help you in this regard. Services like this will save you time, and you can rely on the knowledge of your vetted expert.
- Prepare the Surface: Paint will have a harder time sticking to surfaces that haven't been fully cleaned, sanded and primed beforehand. A full-service professional painter understands this and will handle the prep stage before painting begins.
- Keep an Eye Out for Potential Issues: As your residential painter preps for the project, they should be assessing surfaces for issues. A knowledgeable painting contractor will let you know if they see anything like rotted wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim and moldings. These areas must be fixed before the project can start, of course. Your professional could then direct you towards dependable contractors to perform these repairs, or they may handle it themselves.
- Do Repairs: Professional painters are proficient at making such fixes. These include drywall replacement, rotted wood replacement or removal, wallpaper removal, fixing damage to the carpentry and moldings, and other similar jobs. When employing a professional painter, you likely don't have to go looking for other contractors to repair your home.
- Paint: After the painting contractor has prepped your home's surfaces, assessed for damage, and performed necessary repairs, they will start painting your exterior and/or interior.
Hire a Qualified Residential Painter To Refresh Your Living Spaces Near Near Glenwood, MD
When you want a good residential painter near Glenwood, MD, Thumbtack is the most efficient way to find the right contractor suiting your budget and schedule. Painting your house is an excellent choice to breathe new life into your property while also significantly increasing its value. Painting your house inside and out every few years is a relatively affordable and fast home improvement project that delivers a big ROI in more ways than one.
How a beautifully painted house can boost your peace and happiness cannot be overlooked as one of the best reasons to perform this home improvement project. An experienced and knowledgeable painting contractor can bring any vision you come up with to life or make excellent suggestions about various paint types and colors to achieve a style you'll love. Various colors will even evoke a certain mood when you're inside a room, with colors like blue and green bringing out feelings of peace and relaxation while yellows or light greys can instill an added sense of motivation and creativity.
Painting the outside and inside of your residence also features several useful benefits for its structural integrity. Paint acts as a sealant to protect the wood from a host of problems caused by insects, fungus, and climate, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Moisture is one of the leading causes of structural decay, but the sealing capability of a quality paint job will keep those building materials dry – an advantage that improves indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that the look of expert results will refresh the appearance of your home inside and out, notably increasing its curb appeal and ultimate value.
Thumbtack is a convenient platform that brings together all the necessary information to help you uncover the best painting contractor for the job. Efficiently search through profiles of professional painters in Glenwood, MD and nearby areas focusing on the search criteria that matters most, such as customer reviews, price, availability, and more. Our all-in-one system also permits you to directly contact expert residential painters safely and securely to get the answers to any specific questions and concerns you have. Try Thumbtack for yourself today and begin narrowing down your search for a pro who will deliver the quality services you need.