Find a pro in Jessup, Maryland
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so essential is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for your entire house. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Since it’s such an essential component of your property, a roof in good condition shows a reliable property. If you were to sell, a buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a strong, stable roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient home. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The average roof for a house is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions awful and this is going to extend the timeline. If a storm is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor will be able to come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Maintenance Services near Jessup, Maryland
You can look to Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Jessup, Maryland. Our user-friendly platform gives you all the convenience you need, so you can look through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the vetting process by providing you useful information to ratings, pricing information, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company on the app and hire the best professional for the job.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you extend the life of your roof. How do you know it's necessary to get roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may realize there are certain signs of wear such as:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause worse problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the issue and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and stop water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you notice a few of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a hassle-free option to hire the right companies to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier through our platform.