Find a pro in Mechanicsville, Maryland
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the likelihood of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a common time for roof replacements, it can be difficult to book time with a professional. This means that waiting later in the year could be an easier time for an appointment.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the winter, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather conditions. Summer is sort of like winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be dealing with heat.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacements. While the weather can still be wet and slightly uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for the rest of your property. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Since it’s such an important part of your property, a roof in good condition demonstrates a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a solid, steady roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is content with an energy efficient house. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearHome // Maryland // Mechanicsville
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Mechanicsville, MD
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Mechanicsville, MD. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing replacement contractor want to hire, get an estimate, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our app also collects a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our database of vetted roofing professionals.
Are you looking for roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Apart from leakage or other glaring issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a serious issue and needs to be attended to. An established roof repair contractor can fix the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and prevent water. A roofing contractor can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with an easy way to hire the right professionals to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier with our app.