Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Middletown, Maryland
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What are the advantages associated with cabinet refinishing versus purchasing new ones?
Cabinet refinishing is a very advantageous home improvement task that plenty of homeowners discover to be worthwhile. Refinishing cabinets rather than totally replacing them is a smart practice to reduce your impact to the environment by giving used furniture a longer lifespan rather than contribute to landfills. The method of constructing new cabinets also requires more wood and releases pollution into the atmosphere, both of which can be significantly diminished when people choose to repurpose existing furniture rather than replace it. Some other excellent benefits of picking cabinet refinishing are:
- Cost-Efficient: Purchasing and hanging new kitchen cabinets can be very expensive, but refinishing current cabinets will allow you to refresh their look for much less money.
- Breathe New Life Into Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the power to drastically switch up the aesthetic of your kitchen through relatively small amounts of work and resources.
- Limit Disruption To Your Home: Cabinet refinishing is seen as a relatively quick and easy project to refresh their look versus installing new ones. Because you're repurposing existing cabinets that have already been hung, you'll bypass the hassle of having new cabinets manufactured and the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to ensure they fit.
- Professional Results: You'll get high-quality results when you hire an experienced contractor to take care of your cabinet refinishing project. The right technique and experience is critical to guarantee your cabinets look as you envisioned, including following the proper steps of prepping the surfaces and permitting the paint or stain to dry before reassembly.
Is there a distinction between refacing and refinishing cabinets?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two words often used together, but there are big differences between them and professional contractors will need to understand what service you need. Refacing is the process of replacing the doors and drawer fronts with new ones, while refinishing transforms the existing doors and drawers by sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each technique features a unique approach and imparts a distinctive result in the style of your cabinets, the primary differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How regularly should cabinets be refinished
One of the best benefits with wood is that it is able to be refinished many times to make furniture look as it did when new, which applies to wood cabinets, as well. The frequency at which a professional can refinish cabinets is dependent on many factors, such as the durability of the wood, the materials used, and how well the cabinets have been maintained. How long any refinished cabinets will hold up before the service needs to be done again is dependent on wear and tear and what kind of maintenance you conduct. A professional cabinet refinishing job could last anywhere between five and ten years or longer, depending on the factors mentioned above.
Are refinished cabinets worth the effort?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always more affordable than installing new models and is a smart investment in many circumstances, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Good Condition: When your cabinets are damaged or significantly warped, it could be more beneficial to consider replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Value: If environmental sustainability is one of your biggest values, you may want to consider cabinet refinishing as a better practice to reduce waste by refreshing your existing cabinetry.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing can be done in a wide variety of colors and finishes to bring to life a look that is totally unique and suits your sense of style.
- Trying To Get a Better Return on Investment: If you're planning to sell your home, cabinet refinishing can be a cost-effective project to enhance its value and maximize profits.
- You Are Pleased With the Existing Layout and Functionality: You're existing cabinets might already work perfectly with your kitchen's layout and provide ideal functionality.
- Minimum Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing involves minimal chaos to your daily life compared to a complete cabinet replacement.
People in Middletown, Maryland have detailed spending as much as 70% less when refinishing their cabinets compared to replacing them. Before deciding on cabinet refinishing, analyze your specific preferences, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to understand if this project is right for you.
One Platform Containing All The Information Necessary To Hire a Professional Cabinet Refinisher Near Middletown, Maryland Confidently
Cabinet refinishing is an effective way to transform the aesthetic of your space by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a full replacement. Professional cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, like paint, stain, or other techniques to your existing cabinets to give a new look that aligns with your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of its primary benefits, and several homeowners in Middletown, Maryland have reported spending as much as 70% less than they would on having new cabinets built and hung. Attaining a fresh and modern look for your used cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, increasing the value of your home simultaneously.
Environmental considerations also play a role in why more homeowners are choosing to refinish their cabinets rather than buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green option that aligns with eco-conscious values in home improvement by minimizing harmful waste and lessening demand for wood materials.
Another great advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the service will be many times less chaotic to your lifestyle than the work it takes to install new ones. Whether buying stock or custom-built new cabinets, the kitchen where they're hung will likely need to undergo some degree of demolition and reconstruction before they fit properly. The consequence is much more debris everywhere and could take weeks or months before the room is ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and the better alternative for those working with a shorter timeframe.
When selecting an expert for your cabinet refinishing project, get a feel for their experience and expertise through galleries of past work, if they offer any warranties on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how well they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this important information and more can be found on the powerful Thumbtack platform so you can hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Middletown, Maryland with confidence.