Find a pro in Montgomery Village, Maryland
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so important is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire property. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, you could experience leaks in your home, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your property, a well-maintained roof shows a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a solid, steady roof over it.
Finally, everyone is happy with an energy efficient property. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also many other things to think about. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather report in your area. Bad weather will put a damper on work and this is going to push out the timeline. If a storm is expected to happen during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can always purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential spaces and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearHome // Maryland // Montgomery Village
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Montgomery Village, Maryland
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing maintenance services more convenient in Montgomery Village, Maryland. Our user-friendly site gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can look through various profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the vetting process by giving you access to ratings, pricing, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance contractor here on Thumbtack and find the right candidate for the job.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required so that their property stays in good condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause serious problems. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
No one should put up with a dilapidated roof when there are so many licensed roofers available to assist. With our powerful platform, you can get quality roofing maintenance services in Montgomery Village, Maryland. Get the roofing maintenance services you need for your property right away.