Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Oakland, Maryland
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Refinisher Professionals nearCabinet Refinishing // Maryland // Oakland
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
How many times should cabinets undergo refinishing
One of the best benefits with wood is that it can be refinished multiple times to make furniture appear the way it did when new, which applies to wood cabinets, too. How many times you can refinish cabinets is dependent on many factors, such as the strength of the cabinets, the materials used, and how well the cabinets have been maintained. How long any refinished cabinets will last before the process needs to be done again is dependent on wear and tear and what kind of maintenance you perform. A thorough cabinet refinishing project could last anywhere between five and ten years or longer, depending on the factors mentioned above.
When will cabinet refinishing be the best choice for my home?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always cheaper than buying new models and is a worthwhile investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Current Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: If the cabinets are damaged or decayed, it may be more cost-effective to consider replacement.
- Environmental Sustainability Is a Value: If reducing your carbon footprint is one of your biggest values, you may want to consider cabinet refinishing as a better way to reduce landfill trash by refreshing your current cabinets.
- You Want Unique and Personalized Cabinets: Refinishing gives you choices between a large range of colors and finishes to achieve a vision that is totally unique and suits your tastes.
- Trying To Achieve a Better ROI: If you're preparing to sell your house, cabinet refinishing is a relatively inexpensive way to enhance its appeal to try and maximize profits.
- You Are Pleased With the Current Layout and Functionality: You're current cabinets could already fit in great with your kitchen's layout and provide ideal functionality.
- Minimum Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing results in less chaos to your lifestyle in contrast to a full cabinet replacement.
Property owners of Oakland, Maryland have communicated paying as much as 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Before deciding on cabinet refinishing, weigh your personal preferences, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to understand if this project is right for you.
Which certifications or qualifications are important to check for in a cabinet refinishing contractor?
Though there may not be industry-standard certifications specifically for cabinet refinishing professionals, there are important qualifications and indicators of skill that you can look for when vetting someone to refinish your cabinets. Most professional contractors will mention any certifications in carpentry, woodworking, or a relevant skill on their Thumbtack profile.
You will want to ask the contractor you are thinking about hiring for photos of cabinets they have refinished for previous clients, especially for finished projects that look like the style you're trying to achieve. Besides a picture gallery, most professional contractors will demonstrate their experience and reputation with online customer feedback.
A reliable expert can supply a detailed written estimate of the job before it begins, listing the scope of services, materials, and all associated costs. Contractors should possess good communication skills and be able to address all of your questions and concerns regarding cost, time, and quality throughout the refinishing project. You should also ask about any warranties or guarantees with the service, which is another factor that can show they have confidence in the quality of their craftsmanship.
What is the process for expertly refinished cabinets?
An expert working on your cabinet refinishing job will follow an established process for efficiency and proven results. There are typically several steps taken to transform the look of existing cabinets, such as:
- Assessment and Preparation: Cabinets are first evaluated to ensure they are in good enough condition to be refinished. If they are, any hardware will be taken off, including handles, knobs, and hinges, and all cabinet surfaces will be cleaned to remove any dirt, grease, or other residue.
- Repair and Fill: Some small damage, like scratches, dents, and other blemishes in the wood will be repaired or filled to better blend in with staining or painting.
- Painting or Staining: Your choice of paint, stain, or finishing technique will be applied in thin, even coats to accomplish the style you're looking for. The drying and curing stage is vital to ensuring a professional result, and could require several hours to complete.
- Reassembly: After the paint or stain has dried, any gear will be put back on and cabinets fully reassembled for use. Performing a quality inspection will ensure the final project meets your standards, which includes a last cleanup of the entire work area.
It's important to keep in mind that any refinishing process can vary depending on factors like the size of cabinets and the chosen finish. Furthermore, professionals may perform specialized techniques, such as distressing or glazing, to achieve specific stylistic results, which could require a longer process with more steps. Make sure to speak directly with anyone you employ to guarantee they have the skill to bring your vision to life.
One Place Containing All The Information Necessary To Hire The Right Cabinet Refinisher in Oakland, Maryland With Confidence
Cabinet refinishing is an excellent way to beautify the look of your home by updating the appearance of current cabinets without the need for a complete replacement. Professional cabinet refinishers sand and apply customized finishes, such as paint, stain, or other techniques to your existing cabinets to deliver a new look that suits your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of its primary advantages, and several people in Oakland, Maryland have reported paying up to 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and installed. Achieving a fresh and modern look for your kitchen cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, increasing the value of your home at the same time.
Environmental considerations also play a role in why many people are starting to refinish used cabinets instead of buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green choice that celebrates eco-conscious values in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and lessening demand for wood products.
Another excellent advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the process will be much less chaotic to your lifestyle than the work it takes to install new ones. Whether buying stock or custom-made new cabinets, the space where they're installed will often need to undergo some level of demolition and reconstruction for them to fit properly. The result is much more debris everywhere and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an effective refinishing job is less messy and a convenient solution for those on a tight schedule.
When selecting an expert for your cabinet refinishing job, get a feel for their knowledge and skill through galleries of past work, if they supply any guarantees on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how well they communicate with you about time and budget. All of this valuable information and more can be found on the easy-to-use Thumbtack platform so you can hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Oakland, Maryland confidently.