Find a pro in Oldtown, Maryland
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other factors involved. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to delay the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement specialist will be able to approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the probability of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential homes and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are several factors that will determine the overall cost. Mostly, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials being used. The price of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Oldtown, Maryland
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services easy in Oldtown, Maryland. Our streamlined app gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can look through various profiles and come up with some options. We help with the vetting process by providing you useful information to ratings, pricing, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company on the app and hire the right professional for the job.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can count on at any time during the year. For a secure home with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
Are you looking for roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Aside from leakage or other glaring issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can warp or bend under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and prevent water. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a hassle-free option to hire the best companies for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined with our platform.