Find a pro in Queenstown, Maryland
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your house. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Since it’s such an important part of your home, a well-maintained roof illustrates a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a strong, durable roof over it.
Finally, everyone is content with an energy efficient house. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to think about. The average roof for a house is around 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather report in your area. Storms will put a damper on work and this is going to delay the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement specialist will be able to estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the probability of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Queenstown, MD
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Queenstown, MD. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing maintenance contractor want to hire, schedule an appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our platform also compiles a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our network of vetted roofing contractors.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a critical problem and needs immediate attention. An established roof repair contractor can fix the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from doing more damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a hassle-free solution to hire the best contractors to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is made easier with our app.