Find a pro in Riverdale, Maryland
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so important is because it provides security for your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire property. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, you could have some leaks in your home, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Because it’s such an essential part of your property, a well-maintained roof illustrates a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a solid, durable roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to consider. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to delay the job. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can also buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential houses and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Riverdale, Maryland
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Riverdale, Maryland. Our streamlined app gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can search through various profiles and come up with some options. We help with the vetting process by providing you useful information to ratings, pricing, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company here on Thumbtack and hire the best candidate for the job.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed to keep their property in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Aside from having leaks or other glaring issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good choice.
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs to be attended to. A roofing repair company can fix the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if they need to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you an easy solution to hire the best companies for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is made easier through our platform.