Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Saint James, Maryland
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
How will cabinet refinishing be beneficial?
Cabinet refinishing is an especially beneficial home improvement task that many homeowners find worth the effort. Refinishing cabinets instead of buying new ones is a smart way to limit your impact to the environment by giving used furniture a longer lifespan rather than tossing them into landfills. The method of manufacturing new cabinets also requires more wood and releases pollution into the atmosphere, both of which can be significantly lessened when people choose to repurpose current furniture rather than replace it. Some other amazing advantages of picking cabinet refinishing include:
- Cost-Effectiveness: Purchasing and putting in new kitchen cabinets will be very expensive, but refinishing existing ones will allow you to refresh their look relatively affordably.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing can drastically switch up the aesthetic of your kitchen with relatively small amounts of work or resources.
- Limit Disruption To Your Life: Cabinet refinishing is seen as a relatively quick and easy project to change their style compared to installing new ones. Since you're repurposing current cabinets that have already been installed, you'll avoid the trouble of having custom-made cabinets built from scratch or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to ensure they fit.
- Professional Results: You'll get excellent outcomes when you hire a competent contractor to handle your cabinet refinishing project. The proper technique and experience is crucial to make sure your cabinets look as you wished, including following the proper steps of preparing the surfaces and allowing the paint or stain to cure before reassembly.
What are the distinctions between cabinet refacing and cabinet refinishing?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two words often used interchangeably, but there are big differences between them and professional contractors will need to understand what service you want. Refacing is the process of substituting the doors or drawer fronts with new materials, while refinishing refreshes the existing doors or drawers by sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each technique features its own unique approach and offers a certain result in the look of your cabinets, the key differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How frequently do cabinets need to be refinished
One of the great things about wood is that it is able to be refinished multiple times to make furniture look as it did when new, and this benefit applies to wood cabinets, as well. The frequency at which one can refinish cabinets is dependent on several factors, including the quality of the cabinets, the materials used, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How long your refinished cabinets will last before the process must be done again is dependent on how often they are used and what kind of maintenance you perform. A professional cabinet refinishing job could last anywhere between five and ten years or more, depending on the factors talked about above.
When should I choose to refinish my cabinets as opposed to buying them new?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always cheaper than buying new models and is a worthwhile investment in many circumstances, including when:
- Current Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: When your cabinets are damaged or decayed, it might be more worthwhile to consider replacement.
- Environmental Sustainability Is a Value: If reducing your carbon footprint is one of your biggest values, you may want to think about cabinet refinishing as an ideal way to reduce landfill trash by refreshing your current cabinets.
- You Want Unique and Personalized Cabinets: Refinishing can be done in a wide variety of colors and finishes to achieve a vision that is totally unique and suits your sense of style.
- Boosting Home Resale Value Cost-Effectively: If you're planning to sell your house, cabinet refinishing can be a cost-effective project to enhance its value and maximize profits.
- You Are Satisfied With the Existing Layout and Operability: You're current cabinets may already fit in great with your kitchen's layout and give ideal functionality.
- Minimum Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing results in less disruption to your daily life compared to a full cabinet replacement.
Homeowners of Saint James, MD have related spending as much as 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Prior to deciding on cabinet refinishing, assess your personal preferences, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to know if this option is best for you.
Hire a Contractor for Cabinet Refinishing in Saint James, MD
Cabinet refinishing is an excellent way to transform the aesthetic of your kitchen by updating the appearance of current cabinets without the need for a full replacement. Experienced cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, like paint, stain, or other techniques to your existing cabinets to deliver a new look that aligns with your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of its primary benefits, and many homeowners in Saint James, MD have reported spending as much as 70% less than they would on having new cabinets built and installed. Attaining a fresh and modern look for your kitchen cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, increasing the value of your home at the same time.
Sustainable solutions also play a role in why more homeowners are choosing to refinish used cabinets versus buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green choice that aligns with eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and reducing demand for cutting more trees.
Another great benefit of cabinet refinishing is that the process will be many times less chaotic to your home than the work it takes to install new ones. Whether buying stock or custom-made new cabinets, the space where they're installed will often face some degree of demolition and reconstruction before they fit properly. The consequence is much more dust and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and the better alternative for anyone working with a shorter timeframe.
When searching for a contractor for your cabinet refinishing project, gain insights into their experience and reliability through pictures of their past work, if they supply any guarantees on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how well they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this important information and more is on the powerful Thumbtack platform to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Saint James, MD with confidence.