Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Salisbury, Maryland
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What are some advantages of refinished cabinets?
Cabinet refinishing is an especially beneficial home improvement task that many people find worthwhile. Refinishing cabinets instead of buying new ones is a great practice to limit your impact on the environment by giving used furniture a longer lifespan rather than contribute to landfills. The method of producing new cabinets also requires more wood and releases chemicals into the atmosphere, both of which are significantly lessened when you choose to repurpose current furniture rather than replace it. Some other amazing perks of deciding on cabinet refinishing are:
- Cost-Effectiveness: Purchasing and putting in new kitchen cabinets will be very expensive, but refinishing current cabinets will allow you to update their look for much less money.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the power to drastically change the style of your kitchen through relatively small amounts of work or money.
- Minimal Disruption To Your Home: Cabinet refinishing is considered a relatively quick and simple project to update their look versus installing new ones. Since you're reusing current cabinets that have already been hung, you'll avoid the long process of having custom-made cabinets manufactured or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to ensure they fit.
- Professional Results: You'll receive high-quality outcomes when you allow a competent contractor to handle your cabinet refinishing project. The right technique and experience is critical to guarantee your cabinets appear as you envisioned, including close attention to necessary steps of prepping the surfaces and permitting the paint or stain to cure before reassembly.
I know of cabinet refacing - is it similar to refinishing cabinets?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two terms sometimes used interchangeably, but there are considerable differences between the two and professional contractors will need to know which service you want. Refacing is a process of replacing the doors or drawer fronts with new ones, while refinishing refreshes the current doors or drawers via sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each service features its own unique approach and delivers a distinctive outcome in the look of your cabinets, the key differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How many times should cabinets be refinished?
One of the best benefits about wood is that it can be refinished multiple times to make the product appear the way it did when new, and this benefit applies to wood cabinets, as well. The frequency at which you can refinish cabinets depends on many factors, including the strength of the cabinets, the materials used, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How long your refinished cabinets will last before the process must be repeated depends on wear and tear and what sort of maintenance you conduct. A well-done cabinet refinishing project can last anywhere between five and ten years or longer, depending on the factors mentioned above.
Is cabinet refinishing a smart investment for the look of my kitchen?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always less expensive than buying new models and is a worthwhile investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Good Condition: If the cabinets are damaged or decayed, it might be more beneficial to consider replacement.
- Environmental Sustainability Is a Value: If protecting the environment is one of your biggest values, you may want to consider cabinet refinishing as an ideal practice to limit landfill trash by upcycling your current cabinetry.
- You Want Unique and Personalized Cabinets: Refinishing can be done in a huge variety of colors and finishes to achieve a look that is totally unique and matches your tastes.
- Trying To Achieve a Better ROI: If you're planning to sell your home, cabinet refinishing is a cost-effective way to boost your property's value and maximize profits.
- You Are Pleased With the Current Layout and Functionality: You're current cabinets may already work great with your kitchen's layout and provide ideal functionality.
- Minimal Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing results in minimal disruption to your lifestyle in contrast to a complete cabinet replacement.
Property owners of Salisbury, Maryland have communicated spending nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets compared to replacing them. Prior to deciding on cabinet refinishing, assess your personal preferences, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to understand if this project is right for you.
Find The Right Professional for Cabinet Refinishing in Salisbury, Maryland
Cabinet refinishing is an ideal way to transform the style of your kitchen by updating the appearance of current cabinets without the need for a full replacement. Professional cabinet refinishers sand and apply customized finishes, like paint, stain, or other techniques to your existing cabinets to deliver a new look that aligns with your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of its primary advantages, and many people in Salisbury, Maryland have reported spending up to 70% less than they would on having new cabinets built and hung. Attaining a fresh and updated look for your used cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, increasing the value of your home simultaneously.
Sustainable solutions also play a part in why many people are choosing to refinish their cabinets rather than buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green option that aligns with eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and lessening demand for wood materials.
Another great advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the service will be many times less chaotic to your lifestyle than the work it takes to install new ones. Whether purchasing stock or custom-built new cabinets, the space where they're hung will often need to undergo some degree of demolition and reconstruction before they fit properly. The result is much more dust and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an effective refinishing job is less messy and the better solution for anyone working with a shorter timeframe.
When considering a contractor for your cabinet refinishing project, gain insights into their experience and reliability through pictures of their past work, if they offer any guarantees on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how well they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this important information and more can be found on the easy-to-use Thumbtack site to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Salisbury, Maryland with confidence.