Find a pro in Severn, Maryland
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it provides security for your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for your entire property. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could experience leaks in your home, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Because it’s such a fundamental component of your property, a roof in good condition shows a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a solid, steady roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The typical roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather report in Severn, Maryland. Bad weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional can come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential properties and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a good idea to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Severn, Maryland
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Severn, Maryland. Our streamlined app gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can search through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the hiring process by providing you access to ratings, pricing, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor on the app and find the best professional for your project.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed so that their property stays in good condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you keep up with any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to prolong the lifespan of your roof. How can you tell when you need a professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair company to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain signs of wear including:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can warp or bend over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you an easy way to find the best contractors to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is made easier with our app.