Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Sparks Glencoe, Maryland
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What are the benefits associated with cabinet refinishing compared to installing new ones?
Cabinet refinishing is an especially beneficial home improvement project that plenty of people discover to be worthwhile. Refinishing cabinets rather than completely replacing them is a good way to limit your impact on the environment by giving used furniture a longer lifespan rather than contribute to landfills. The method of producing new cabinets also requires more wood and releases pollution into the atmosphere, both of which can be significantly diminished when you choose to upcycle current furniture rather than replace it. Some other amazing perks of choosing cabinet refinishing include:
- Cost-Effectiveness: Buying and hanging new kitchen cabinets can be very expensive, but refinishing existing ones will allow you to update their look relatively affordably.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the power to dramatically switch up the look of your kitchen with relatively little work and money.
- Minimal Disruption To Your Home: Cabinet refinishing is seen as a relatively fast and simple way to refresh their look versus installing new ones. Because you're utilizing current cabinets that have already been installed, you'll bypass the chaos of having new cabinets manufactured and the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to make them fit.
- High-Quality Results: You'll receive high-quality outcomes when you allow a vetted contractor to take care of your cabinet refinishing project. The proper technique and skill is critical to ensure your cabinets come out as you envisioned, including close attention to necessary steps of prepping the surfaces and allowing the paint or stain to dry before reassembly.
I've heard of cabinet refacing - is it the same as refinishing them?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two words often used together, but there are big differences between them and professional contractors will need to understand which service you want. Refacing is the process of substituting the doors and drawer fronts with new materials, while refinishing transforms the present doors and drawers by sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each technique features a unique approach and gives a distinctive outcome in the appearance of your cabinets, the primary differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How many times should cabinets be refinished
One of the great things about wood is that it is able to be refinished multiple times to make the product appear as it did when new, which applies to wood cabinets, as well. How many times you can refinish cabinets depends on many factors, including the quality of the cabinets, the materials used, and how well the cabinets have been maintained. How many years your refinished cabinets will last before the project must be done again depends on how often they are used and what sort of maintenance you perform. A professional cabinet refinishing service will typically last anywhere from 5 to 10 years or more, depending on the factors talked about above.
Why can cabinet refinishing be the best choice for my home?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always cheaper than buying new ones and is a worthwhile investment in many circumstances, including when:
- Current Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: When your cabinets are damaged or significantly warped, it may be more worthwhile to consider replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Priority: If protecting the environment is a priority, you might want to consider cabinet refinishing as an ideal way to limit landfill trash by refreshing your current cabinetry.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing gives you choices between a large range of colors and finishes to achieve a look that is wholly unique and suits your sense of style.
- Trying To Achieve a Better Return on Investment: If you're preparing to sell your property, cabinet refinishing can be a cost-effective way to boost your property's value and maximize profits.
- You Are Satisfied With the Existing Layout and Operability: You're current cabinets may already fit in perfectly with your kitchen's design and provide ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Preferred: Cabinet refinishing involves less disruption to your lifestyle compared to a complete cabinet replacement.
Residents in Sparks Glencoe, MD have detailed paying nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Prior to choosing cabinet refinishing, analyze your specific needs, budget, and the condition of your cabinets to know if this option is right for you.
Employ a Professional for Cabinet Refinishing in Sparks Glencoe, MD
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to beautify the look of your home by updating the appearance of current cabinets without the need for a full replacement. Professional cabinet refinishers sand and apply customized finishes, including paint, stain, or other methods to your present cabinets to deliver a new look that fits your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of the first advantages, and many people in Sparks Glencoe, MD have reported paying as much as 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and installed. Attaining a fresh and updated look for your used cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, increasing the value of your house simultaneously.
Environmental considerations also play a role in why more people are beginning to refinish used cabinets rather than buy and install new ones. Refinishing is a green choice that celebrates eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and reducing demand for cutting more trees.
Another great benefit of cabinet refinishing is that the process will be many times less disruptive to your household than the work it takes to install new ones. Whether buying stock or custom-built new cabinets, the space where they're installed will likely need to undergo some degree of demolition and reconstruction before they fit adequately. The result is much more dust and could take weeks or months before the room is ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and a convenient solution for those working with a shorter timeframe.
When selecting a contractor for your cabinet refinishing job, get a feel for their experience and reliability through pictures of their past work, if they offer any guarantees on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how well they communicate with you about time and budget. All of this important information and more can be found on the easy-to-use Thumbtack platform so you can hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Sparks Glencoe, MD confidently.