Find a pro in Temple Hills, Maryland
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to consider. The typical roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather report in Temple Hills, Maryland. Bad weather will put a damper on work and this is going to delay the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can also purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are several things that will determine the overall cost. Typically, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the products used. The cost of your roof replacement will be calculated by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Temple Hills, Maryland
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services easy in Temple Hills, Maryland. Our streamlined site is easy to navigate, which means you can search through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the hiring process by providing you useful information to detailed customer reviews, pricing information, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor on the app and find the right candidate for the job.
Our site also puts together useful data to help you before you start sifting through our network of qualified roofing contractors.
For the most part you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair company, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause serious problems. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles should be replaced by an expert. Routine inspections will also help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a hassle-free way to find the best contractors for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined with our app.