Find a Pro in White Plains, Maryland
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearPainting // Maryland // White Plains
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What are the advantages of updating my home through interior painting?
The short answer is yes, and there are benefits from interior painting projects:
- Increase the Value of Your Home: A good paint job can communicate to potential buyers that you have taken exceptional care of your property. It can also help sell a house that's on the market faster, even over listing price. Even if you are not contemplating listing your house in the near future, a proper interior paint job by a professional painter can last up to 7 years. Interior painting can be thought of as a home improvement investment with one of the best ROIs when considering the impact on property value and buyer interest.
- Improve Your Mood at Home: While interior painting is a relatively affordable project to update your residence, it is one of the best tools to make your home a more comfortable and happy place. If you haven't painted your house recently and have poor colors that you might not like anymore or didn't choose, your rooms may not feel like a space where you truly feel at ease. Additionally, many people are working from home and/or staying home a lot more, so making the interior in your home appealing is a higher priority. Depending on which color scheme you select, the right paint color can affect your mood as you desire — calm and rested (blues and greens), energetic and motivated (yellows and oranges), or even feel comfortable and content (neutral colors).
- Safeguard From Damage to Your House: Having your interior painted secures your house now and prevents future damage from occurring inside and outside of your walls. The majority of interior walls are made of components that naturally absorb moisture. Over time, too much accumulation of moisture can lead to compromised walls which can be risky to your house's structural integrity. Moisture inside walls becomes a catalyst for mold growth which may lead to health issues. Paint is designed to keep moisture from getting through the porous walls of your residence.
- Boost Air Quality in and Around Your Home: Paints currently are made with low or no VOCs. In case you or your loved ones have allergies, breathing problems, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge benefit and a great option for your property. A fresh coat of paint also limits dust and other allergens to a minimum which will improve your household's air quality exponentially.
- Make Your House Look Fantastic: All homes have flaws and blemishes. Walls frequently have dents, dings, and markings from wear and tear to your house over the years. Having your home's interior painted eliminates all cosmetic issues and can make your home look updated and clean. A fresh coat of paint applied by a vetted contractor will also update your home with a contemporary aesthetic.
What's the period of minimum business for painters?
One of the biggest selling points to scheduling within the winter season is that it's a slower time of year for painting services. The colder conditions often keep most homeowners from doing home improvement projects, so painting professionals are more readily available.
Accordingly, they might be able to decrease their rates than what they typically do in peak times of the year like summer. This is when most painters are booked around the clock for months on end.
How long is the best interval for repainting the outer walls of a house?
Chipped and cracked paint are some glaring things to keep an eye on, but there are also some less evident things that can cause problems too. Painting an exterior can be a big job, so it's always a good idea to hire professional painters.
Because every property differs from one another, there is no set deadline to apply another coat, and this makes things more difficult for homeowners. Most professionals express that repainting will need to be done approximately within five to ten years, based on factors like where you live, weather, and the previous paint job.
Having recently become a homeowner, you might not have information when it was last painted. It's always recommended to try and find out, since possessing in-depth information about the paint job can make a big difference. The kind of paint utilized, its quality, how many coats were applied, and even the color used can all impact its lifespan. It's also beneficial to know the season in which it was painted, since whether your house was painted on a bright or overcast day can change how well the paint dried.
What array of services can a house painter carry out?
Examples of the services a vetted painter typically performs include:
- Select Colors: When struggling to choose the right colors for your exterior or interior rooms, a full-service contractor can provide invaluable advice. Services like this will save you time, and you can rely on the experience of your certified expert.
- Preparing the Surface: Paint has a difficult time adhering to surfaces that aren't properly cleaned, sanded and primed ahead of time. A full-service professional painter understands this and will handle this prep stage before painting begins.
- Keep an Eye Out for Damages: As your residential painter preps for the project, they will assess surfaces for issues. A full-service painting contractor will let you know if they find things such as rotted wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim or moldings. These areas must be addressed before painting can commence, of course. Your professional might then suggest other trustworthy contractors to make these repairs, or they may handle it themselves.
- Do Light Fixes: Most painters are proficient at carrying out such fixes. These include drywall replacement, rotted wood replacement and removal, wallpaper removal, fixing damage to the carpentry and moldings, and other similar jobs. By enlisting a professional painter, you likely won't need to go looking for other contractors to repair your home.
- Paint: After the painter has prepped your home's surfaces, checked for damage, and performed necessary repairs, they can commence painting your exterior and/or interior.
Experienced Residential Painting Contractors in Near White Plains, MD
When you need a reliable house painter in White Plains, MD, Thumbtack is the quickest way to find the perfect contractor for your budget and schedule. Painting your home is an excellent way to bring new life into your living space while also significantly boosting its value. Painting your home inside and out every couple of years is a relatively affordable and quick home improvement project that gives a great return on your investment in more ways than one.
How a beautifully painted home can enhance your peace and happiness cannot be discounted as one of the best reasons to perform this home improvement project. An experienced and professional painting contractor can bring any vision you come up with to life or make great suggestions about different paint brands and colors to achieve a look you'll love. Various colors can even evoke a certain mood for anyone visiting a room, with colors such as blue and green bringing out feelings of peace and calm while yellows and light greys can provide an added sense of motivation and energy.
Painting the exterior and interior of your house also brings several practical advantages for its structural integrity. Paint acts as a sealant to protect the wood from a host of issues resulting from insects, fungus, and weather, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Moisture is one of the worst culprits of home decay, but the sealing function of a good paint job will keep those building materials drier – an advantage that improves indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that professional handiwork will beautify your property inside and out, notably increasing its curb appeal and monetary value.
Thumbtack is a convenient site that collects all the relevant information to let you uncover the perfect painting contractor for the job. Easily search through profiles of professional painters in White Plains, MD and nearby areas based on the search criteria you care about most, such as customer reviews, price, availability, and more. Our unique system also enables you to directly communicate with professional house painters safely and securely so you can get the answers to any specific questions and concerns you have. Explore Thumbtack for yourself today and start narrowing down your search for a contractor who can deliver the quality services you need.