Find a Pro in Auburn, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
Does interior painting give a worthwhile return on investment?
The short answer will be yes, and these are benefits from interior painting services:
- Boost the Appeal of Your Residence: A professional paint job can display to interested buyers that you have taken good care of your property. It can also help sell a house that's on the market quicker, even above its asking price. Even if you are not contemplating selling your house in the foreseeable future, a proper interior paint job by a professional painting contractor could last up to 7 years. You will be making an investment in your property that truly pays off.
- Boost Your Mood at Home: Because interior painting is a relatively low-cost project to update your home, it can be one of the best tools to make your home a more comfortable and happy space. Assuming you haven't painted your house recently or have boring colors that you might not like anymore or never chose, your home may not feel like a space where you truly feel at peace. Also, many residents are choosing to work from home and/or staying home a lot more, so making the interior of your home appealing is a bigger priority. Depending on what option you select, a fresh paint color can affect your mood as you desire — peaceful and rested (blues and greens), energetic and productive (yellows and oranges), or even safe and content (neutral colors).
- Protect and Prevent Damage to Your Home: Getting your interior painted strengthens your house now by preventing future damage from occurring inside and outside of your walls. Most interior walls are manufactured with materials which naturally retain moisture. Over time, too much absorption can result in compromised walls which can be risky to your home's structural integrity. Moisture within walls is a catalyst for mold growth which can result in health issues. Paint enables you to seal out moisture from getting through the porous walls of your residence.
- Improve Air Quality Throughout Your Residence: Paints these days are manufactured with low or zero VOCs. If you or your family have allergies, asthma, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge advantage and a great option for your home. A fresh coat of paint also keeps dirt and other allergens to a minimum which will improve your home's air quality even more.
- Make Your House Look Great: Most homes contain flaws and imperfections. Walls frequently contain dents, dings, and marks from the use of your house over the years. Getting your home's interior painted removes those imperfections and can make your room look refreshed and clean. A fresh paint color for your interior can also modernize your living space.
What is the least busiest time of year for painting contractors?
One of the biggest selling points to hiring within the colder season is that there is a much lower demand for painting services. The weather often keeps people from doing home improvement projects, so painters have the availability.
As a result, they might be able to charge a lower rates than what they typically do in peak seasons like summer. Summer is a time when most painting contractors are booked and don't have time for other appointments.
How frequently should I consider repainting my house's exterior?
Chipped and cracked paint are some glaring things to watch out for, but there are also some less obvious things that can cause problems too. Exterior painting can be an extensive job, so it's never a bad idea to book professional painters.
Unfortunately, there is no set deadline to repaint, because every home is different. A lot of professionals say that repainting will need to be done approximately within five to ten years, based on factors such as where you're located, climate, and the previous paint job.
When you've just acquired a house, you may be uncertain about when its most recent paint job was done. It's always recommended to try to find out, because having detailed information about the paint job can make a big difference. The kind of paint used, the quality of paint, how many layers were applied, and even the color selected can all affect its durability. It could be beneficial to know the season in which it was painted, because whether your house was painted on a bright or cloudy day can change how well the paint dries.
What all will a house painter do?
Here is what a professional painter can assist with:
- Pick Colors: When struggling to identify the ideal colors for your exterior or interior rooms, a full-service contractor can help you in this regard. This can save you time, and you can rely on the experience of your hired professional.
- Preparing the Surface: Paint will have a difficult time sticking to surfaces that haven't been fully cleaned, sanded and primed ahead of time. A full-service residential painter knows this and can handle the prep work before painting commences.
- Keep an Eye Out for Potential Issues: As your home painting service prepares for the project, they should be assessing surfaces for trouble signs. A knowledgeable painting contractor will tell you if they find anything such as rotten wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim or moldings. These issues must be addressed before the project can begin, of course. Your professional might then direct you towards dependable contractors to perform these repairs, or they will handle it themselves.
- Perform Repairs: The best painting contractors are proficient at performing such repairs. These include drywall replacement, rotten wood replacement or removal, wallpaper deconstruction, fixing damage to the carpentry and moldings, and other similar jobs. By enlisting a professional painter, you likely won't need to go looking for other contractors to handle these issues.
- Paint: After the painting contractor has cleaned your home's surfaces, checked for structural issues, and made necessary repairs, they can begin painting your exterior and/or interior.
Knowledgeable Residential Painters Near in Auburn, ME
When you're searching for a reliable residential painter in Auburn, ME, Thumbtack is the most efficient way to find the right contractor matching your budget and needs. Painting your home is a smart choice to bring new life into your property while also significantly boosting your home's curb appeal. Painting your home inside and out every few years is a relatively affordable and fast home improvement project that gives a big return on your investment in more ways than one.
The way a newly painted home works to elevate your comfort and happiness shouldn't be discounted as one of the most rewarding reasons to carry out this home improvement project. An experienced and knowledgeable painting contractor will be able to bring any vision you have to life or make great suggestions about different paint types and colors to achieve a style you'll love. Some colors can even impart a certain mood for anyone visiting a room, with colors such as blue and green triggering feelings of peace and relaxation while yellows or light greys can provide an added sense of motivation and creativity.
Painting the outside and inside of your house also brings many useful advantages for its durability. Paint works as a sealant to secure the wood from a range of issues resulting from insects, fungus, and weather, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Water is one of the worst culprits of structural decay, but the sealing ability of a good paint job will keep those building materials drier – an advantage for indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that the look of expert handiwork will refresh the appearance of your residence inside and out, notably raising its curb appeal and monetary value.
Thumbtack is an easy-to-use platform that collects all the important information to let you discover the perfect painting contractor for the job. Easily look through profiles of vetted painters in Auburn, ME and nearby areas focusing on the search criteria you care about most, including customer reviews, price, availability, and more. Our all-in-one platform also enables you to directly message professional residential painters safely and securely so you can get the answers to any specific questions and concerns regarding your project quickly. Use Thumbtack for yourself today and begin narrowing down your search for the contractor who can deliver the quality services you need.