Find a Pro in Bangor, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearPainting // Maine // Bangor
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What are the benefits of choosing interior painting?
Almost always the answer will be yes, and these are other valuable benefits to be had from interior painting services:
- Increase the Value of Your House: A great paint job can display to interested buyers that you have taken good care of your property. Interior painting can also help sell a home that's on the market sooner, even above its asking price. Even if you are not considering selling your home in the foreseeable future, a good interior paint job by an expert painter could last up to 7 years. Interior painting can be thought of as a home improvement investment with one of the highest returns when considering the effect on property value and appeal.
- Boost Your Mood at Home: While interior painting is a relatively low-cost project to update your residence, it is one of the best tools to make your home a more comforting and happy space. Assuming you haven't painted your interior recently and have older colors that you might not like anymore or never chose, your home may not be a space where you truly feel comfortable. Additionally, many people are choosing to work at home and/or staying home more in general, so making the colors in your home appealing is a bigger priority. Depending on which option you select, the right paint color can help you feel differently — calm and rested (blues and greens), energetic and motivated (yellows and oranges), and even feel comfortable and content (neutral colors).
- Protect and Prevent Damage to Your Property: Getting your interior painted protects your house now by preventing future damage from happening inside and outside of your walls. Common interior walls are constructed of materials that naturally retain moisture. Eventually, too much accumulation of moisture can result in degraded walls which can be dangerous to your house's structural integrity. Moisture behind walls becomes a catalyst for mold growth which may result in health dangers. Paint is designed to seal out moisture from getting through the porous walls of your property.
- Improve Air Quality in and Around Your House: Paints currently are made with low or zero volatile organic compounds. If you or your family have allergies, breathing problems, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge advantage and a great choice for your property. A new coat of paint also limits dirt and other allergens to a minimum which will enhance your home's air quality even more.
- Make Your House Look Fantastic: Most homes have flaws and imperfections. Walls often obtain dents, dings, and marks from the use of your home over time. Getting your home's interior painted removes all cosmetic issues and can make your room look updated and clean. A fresh paint color applied to your interior can also modernize your home.
What is the slowest season of year for painting contractors?
A major selling point about booking within the winter season is that there is a much lower demand for painting services. The weather often keeps most homeowners from wanting to do home improvement projects, so painting professionals are more readily available.
For that reason, they might be able to charge a lower price than what they normally do in peak seasons like summer. Summer is a time when most painting contractors are booked around the clock for months on end.
How frequently should I consider repainting my home's exterior?
There are some glaring things to look out for, such as chipped or cracked paint, but there are also some less obvious things that can cause problems too. Painting an exterior is a pretty big project, so it's never a bad idea to book expert painters.
What makes this hard for homeowners is there is no set deadline for a new coat, because every home differs from the other. Most experts express that repainting will need to be done every five to ten years. This will be determined by factors such as where you're located, weather, and the previous paint job.
After buying a new home, you could be in the dark about the last painting date of the house. It's always recommended to try and find out, because having in-depth information about the paint job can be critical. The variety of paint utilized, the quality of paint, how many layers were applied, and even the color chosen can all impact its lifespan. It could be beneficial to know the season in which it was painted, because whether the residence was painted on a sunny or overcast day can impact how well the paint dried.
What all can a residential painter do?
Here are examples of what an expert painter can assist with:
- Advise the Best Colors: If you're struggling to choose the best colors for your exterior or interior spaces, a full-service contractor can provide invaluable advice. This can save you time, and you can rely on the knowledge of your certified professional.
- Preparing the Surface: Paint will have a harder time sticking to surfaces that aren't fully cleaned, sanded and primed beforehand. A full-service residential painter understands this and can handle this prep stage before painting begins.
- Keep an Eye Out for Damages: As your residential painting service prepares for the project, they should be assessing surfaces for trouble signs. A professional painting contractor will let you know if they notice things such as rotted wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim and moldings. These damages must be fixed before the project can begin, of course. Your painter might then suggest other dependable contractors to perform these repairs, or they may handle it themselves.
- Carry Out Repairs: Expert painting contractors are proficient at conducting such repairs. These include drywall fixes, rotted wood replacement and removal, wallpaper removal, remediating damage to the carpentry and moldings, and more. By hiring an expert painter, you likely don't need to go looking for other contractors to repair your home.
- Paint: After the painting contractor has prepped the home's surfaces, looked for damage, and made necessary repairs, they can begin painting your exterior and/or interior.
Discover a Professional House Painter To Update Your Living Spaces in in Bangor, Maine
When you're looking for a good house painter near Bangor, Maine, Thumbtack is the most efficient way to find the perfect contractor who meets your budget and needs. Painting your home is a great way to breathe new life into your living space while also significantly increasing your home's curb appeal. Painting your home inside and out every few years is a relatively affordable and quick home improvement project that gives a great ROI in more ways than one.
How a newly painted home can boost your peace and happiness shouldn't be overlooked as one of the most rewarding reasons to carry out this home improvement project. A talented and professional painting contractor can bring any vision you come up with to reality or offer great suggestions about various paint brands and colors to achieve a style you'll love. Various colors can even evoke a certain mood for anyone visiting a room, with colors such as blue and green triggering feelings of peace and relaxation while yellows and light greys can instill an added sense of motivation and energy.
Painting the outside and interior of your home also brings plenty of useful benefits for its durability. Paint works as a layer of defense to secure surfaces from a variety of problems caused by insects, fungus, and climate, and can even lengthen the lifespan of trim and siding. Mildew is one of the leading causes of structural decay, but the sealing capability of a good paint job will keep those building materials dry – an advantage that improves indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that professional results will beautify your property inside and out, significantly raising its curb appeal and monetary value.
Thumbtack is an all-in-one tool that brings together all the relevant information to help you find the best painting contractor for the job. Easily browse through profiles of vetted painters in Bangor, Maine and nearby areas focusing on the search criteria that matters most, including customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our unique platform also permits you to directly contact expert house painters safely and securely so you can get the answers to any specific questions and concerns you have. Use Thumbtack for yourself now and start narrowing down your hunt for a pro who can deliver the quality and value you deserve.