Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Bar Harbor, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Refinisher Professionals nearCabinet Refinishing // Maine // Bar Harbor
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
Why will cabinet refinishing be beneficial?
Cabinet refinishing is an especially beneficial home improvement project that many homeowners discover to be worth the effort. Refinishing cabinets instead of totally replacing them is a good way to reduce your impact on the environment by giving used furniture a longer lifespan rather than contribute to landfills. The method of producing new cabinets also depletes forests and releases pollution into the atmosphere, both of which can be significantly diminished when people choose to upcycle existing furniture rather than throw it out. A few other great benefits of choosing cabinet refinishing include:
- Cost-Effectiveness: Purchasing and installing new kitchen cabinets will be very expensive, but refinishing existing ones will allow you to refresh their look relatively affordably.
- Breathe New Life Into Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the capability to drastically switch up the style of your kitchen through relatively little work and money.
- Minimal Disruption To Your Home: Cabinet refinishing is seen as a relatively fast and easy method to change their style compared to installing new ones. Because you're repurposing existing cabinets that have already been installed, you'll bypass the chaos of having new cabinets manufactured and the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to make them fit.
- High-Quality Results: You can expect excellent results when you hire an experienced contractor to take care of your cabinet refinishing project. The right technique and experience is crucial to ensure your cabinets come out as you wished, including following the proper steps of prepping the surfaces and permitting the paint or stain to dry before reassembly.
In what aspects will cabinet refacing and refinishing them differ?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two terms often used interchangeably, but there are distinct differences between them and professional contractors will need to understand what service you want. Refacing focuses on substituting the doors and drawer fronts with new ones, while refinishing refreshes the existing doors and drawers via sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each technique features its own unique approach and gives a distinctive effect in the look of your cabinets, the key differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
What is the recommended number of times I should refinish cabinets
One of the best things about wood is that it is able to be refinished multiple times to make furniture look the way it did when new, which applies to wood cabinets, too. The frequency at which you can refinish cabinets is dependent on several factors, such as the durability of the cabinets, the components, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How many years your refinished cabinets will hold up before the process needs to be repeated is dependent on how often they are used and what kind of maintenance you conduct. A thorough cabinet refinishing job could last anywhere between five and ten years or more, depending on the factors talked about above.
Why is cabinet refinishing a smart investment for my kitchen?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always less expensive than installing new models and is a smart investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Current Cabinets Are in Good Condition: If your cabinets are damaged or deteriorating, it may be more cost-effective to consider replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Priority: If protecting the environment is one of your biggest values, you might want to think about cabinet refinishing as an ideal way to limit landfill trash by refreshing your existing cabinets.
- You Want Unique and Personalized Cabinets: Refinishing can be done in a wide variety of colors and finishes to achieve a vision that is totally unique and matches your sense of style.
- Boosting Home Resale Value Cost-Effectively: If you're preparing to sell your house, cabinet refinishing is a relatively affordable project to enhance your property's value and maximize ROI.
- You Are Satisfied With the Existing Layout and Operability: You're existing cabinets could already work great with your kitchen's design and provide ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Preferred: Cabinet refinishing results in minimal disruption to your lifestyle in contrast to a full cabinet replacement.
People of Bar Harbor, ME have communicated spending as much as 70% less when refinishing their cabinets compared to replacing them. Before choosing cabinet refinishing, weigh your personal needs, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to understand if this option is right for you.
Hire The Right Professional for Cabinet Refinishing Near Bar Harbor, ME
Cabinet refinishing is an effective way to beautify the style of your home by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a complete replacement. Expert cabinet refinishers sand and apply customized finishes, including paint, stain, or other techniques to your existing cabinets to deliver a new look that fits your sense of style and design preferences.
The cost-effectiveness of cabinet refinishing is one of its primary benefits, and many homeowners in Bar Harbor, ME have reported spending as much as 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and installed. Achieving a fresh and updated look for your kitchen cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, increasing the value of your home simultaneously.
Sustainable solutions also play a role in why more homeowners are beginning to refinish their cabinets rather than buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green choice that prioritizes eco-conscious values in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and reducing demand for wood products.
Another excellent benefit of cabinet refinishing is that the service will be many times less chaotic to your lifestyle than the mess generated to install new ones. Whether buying stock or custom-built new cabinets, the space where they're installed will often need to undergo some degree of demolition and reconstruction for them to fit adequately. The consequence is much more dust and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an effective refinishing job is less messy and the better alternative for anyone working with a shorter timeframe.
When considering a contractor for your cabinet refinishing project, get a feel for their knowledge and skill through galleries of past work, if they offer any warranties on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this important information and more can be found on the easy-to-use Thumbtack site to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Bar Harbor, ME confidently.