Find a pro in Bethel, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can always get higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what season it is, you can get a roof replacement. However, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a good time for these services, it can be a challenge to book time with a contractor. This is why waiting later in the year could be a more convenient time to call a contractor.
A lot of roofing contractors have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. Summer is sort of like winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with high heat.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacement services. While the weather can still be wet and partially unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so fundamental for you is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for the rest of your home. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Because it’s such an essential component of your property, a roof in good condition demonstrates a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a strong, stable roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is content with an energy efficient house. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Bethel, ME
You can count on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Bethel, ME. Our streamlined platform gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can look through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the vetting process by giving you useful information to detailed customer reviews, pricing, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor on the app and hire the right professional for the job.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can count on at any time during the year. For a safe house with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when you need to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you know your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and needs immediate attention. An established roof repair contractor can fix the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If a patch of them are very discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Find someone who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the right fit, then it's just getting your estimate and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.