Find a Pro in Bethel, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT EXTERIOR PAINTING
How should you go about picking the most suitable exterior paint color?
When you're picking a paint color for your home's exterior, choosing an elegant color that goes with your overall aesthetic will be the right choice. It's somewhat inexpensive to enhance the appearance of your home with help from a knowledgeable and experienced contractor. These are some of the considerations you should take into account when picking a color arrangement for your exterior painting job:
- Color arrangement: The colors you select should complement the overarching design you're going for and the ambiance you want to create. Make the place your own, especially if you're someone who works from home or spends considerable time there.
- Feeling relaxed and calm: Blues and greens are stylish shades that have the ability to give you a serene feeling.
- Productive and energetic: For fresh color that stands out from the rest, yellows and oranges are vivid enough to achieve the desired results.
- Comfort: Muted, versatile colors like off-white, gray, and beige can make a property feel more pleasant and content.
What are the reasons for engaging the services of an exterior painting contractor?
Recruiting an exterior painting company to apply new paint to your property will normally provide you with a better outcome than you could bring about on your own. DIY jobs rarely go as planned unless you're equipped with the tools and experience to carry out the job to industry standards. Instead of spending time attempting to repair flaws, homeowners can seek an exterior painter to perform the job as efficiently as possible. The knowledge they've gained from their experience in the industry will be mirrored in the level of quality demonstrated in their craftsmanship. From pressure washing the siding, putting on the primer and paint, and taking care of the cleanup afterward, you need to hire a contractor to do it all. With their superior practices and guaranteed workmanship, you don't have to worry about them taking shortcuts or delivering less-than-optimal results.
How can you prepare your home for an exterior painting job?
Exterior painting delivers the best results when it's completed with close attention to detail and according to the highest standards. Professional painters are equipped with the knowledge, tools, and strategies to conduct the job with excellent craftsmanship. First-rate craftsmanship starts with taking precautions that help the paint stick and look great for a long time. These are some of the steps you need to take to prepare for an exterior painting job:
- Pressure wash: Removing grime and dirt offers you a clean area to work with, so using pressure washing tools is a great way to wash it off.
- Scrape off chipped paint: Sanding down and scraping old paint will get rid of cracked or flaky parts that have been left behind.
- Prepare surface: Compounds used to repair surfaces can take care of flaws on exterior siding so that you can work with a clean texture.
- Recaulk: Improve caulk on trim and windows to then paint over it with a smooth finish.
- Utilize drop cloths: Keep paint away from your yard by placing drop cloths on shrubs, decks, and sidewalks.
- Priming: Rolling primer on bare wood and area that's been smoothed out to help the paint stay.
Can you offer a quote of the cost involved in exterior painting?
The price of exterior painting services depends on the size of the home, prep work, and paint. A one-level property can have a price of around $5,400 and rise to about $7,500 for a two-level property. It's a great home improvement for many homeowners who want to maximize their property's curb appeal and keep it protected from the elements throughout the year. Other criteria that can contribute to the overall cost is how skilled your contractor is because it can equal higher quality craftsmanship and guaranteed services. Get in touch with a local painting contractor who can discuss the project and give you an accurate estimate for the price you can expect to pay.
Thumbtack is the Best Way to Find Exterior Painting Companies Near Bethel, ME
Start your search for an exterior painting professional on Thumbtack, where you can easily compare and hire companies in Bethel, ME. If your property needs a new coat of paint, you can recruit a professional with the training and knowledge to offer excellent services. You can update your home's curb appeal with a fresh pop of color that also provides a hardwearing barrier preventing damage from the elements. By seeking out a professional to handle the job, you're ensuring the work will be of the highest quality standards.
On our comprehensive home management app, you can swiftly browse for contractors, check ratings, and read customer reviews. Homeowners can check out previous exterior painting jobs to get an understanding of their level of expertise. Look through candidate profiles and simplifying your search is a quicker process when you download our free platform. It's systematic and hassle-free to use for anyone to select the most suitable contractor for the job near them. You can also send direct messages, request a quote, and book an appointment all on one platform.
Review the project details with an exterior painting professional who can provide you with beneficial suggestions and help you come up with a beautiful color arrangement. Painting projects can raise your home value and generally make it the envy of the neighborhood. It's awesome what the right color, sheen, and application can do to add some new life into a place. Thumbtack is here to turn your home improvement dreams into reality with help from many local professionals ready to begin the project and perform outstanding workmanship. Get outstanding results by using our home management platform and get in touch with an experienced professional to take care of the entire process with careful attention to detail.