Find a Pro in Biddeford, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT EXTERIOR PAINTING
How do you decide on the best exterior paint color?
When you're picking a paint color for your home's exterior, selecting an elegant color that complements your overall design will be the best choice. It's relatively inexpensive to enhance how your home looks with help from a knowledgeable and equipped painting contractor. These are some of the factors you should consider when selecting a color arrangement for your exterior painting job:
- Color scheme: The colors you select should go with the general aesthetic you're aiming for and the atmosphere you want to create. Make the space your own, especially if you're someone who works from home or spends substantial time there.
- Feeling calm and relaxed: Blues and greens are stylish hues that have the ability to put you at ease.
- Productive and energetic: For fresh color that sticks out from the rest, yellows and oranges are bold enough to do the trick.
- Comfort: Muted, neutral colors like gray, beige, and off-white can make a home feel more comfortable and comfortable.
What advantages come with the choice to hire a contractor for exterior painting?
Recruiting an exterior painting company to apply new paint to your home will normally provide you with a superior outcome than you could attain on your own. DIY jobs don't always go as you hope unless you're equipped with the materials and experience to carry out the project to the highest quality standards. Instead of attempting to repair flaws, homeowners can hire an exterior painter to carry out the project as adeptly as possible. The training they've gained from their experience in the industry will be reflected in the degree of quality exhibited in their workmanship. From pressure washing the exterior, putting on the primer and paint, and taking care of the cleanup, you need to a contractor to do it all. With their superior process and guaranteed craftsmanship, you don't have to deal with them cutting corners or providing subpar results.
How can you prepare your house for an exterior painting task?
Exterior painting provides outstanding results when it is done with careful attention to detail and according to the highest standards. Professional painters are prepared with the skills, materials, and methods to perform the project with exceptional craftsmanship. First-rate craftsmanship begins with taking precautions that allow the paint to stick and look beautiful for many years. Prepare for an exterior painting project by taking these steps:
- Power wash: Removing grime and dirt provides you with a clear area to work with, so using pressure washing equipment is a productive way to wash it off.
- Scrape off chipped paint: Sanding down and scraping old paint will remove cracked or flaky pieces that are still remaining.
- Prepare surface: Surface repair compounds can fix irregularities on exterior of your home so that you can work with a clean surface.
- Recaulk: Improve caulk on windows and trim to then paint it for a sleek result.
- Utilize drop cloths: Keep paint away from your yard by placing drop cloths on shrubs, decks, and sidewalks.
- Priming: Putting primer on bare wood and area that's been repaired to allow the paint to adhere.
How much does it cost to paint a home's exterior?
The price of exterior painting services are based on the prep work, paint, and size of the home. A one-level home can have a price of approximately $5,400 and rise to about $7,500 for a two-level home. It's a great project for many homeowners who want to maximize their property's curb appeal and keep it protected from the elements all year round. Other criteria that can contribute to the overall cost is how knowledgeable your contractor is because it can result in higher quality craftsmanship and guaranteed services. Contact a local painting contractor who can assess the project and provide you with an accurate quote for the price you can expect to pay.
Thumbtack is the Convenient Way to Find Exterior Painting Services Near Biddeford, ME
Start looking for an exterior painting contractor on Thumbtack, where you can conveniently compare and hire companies in Biddeford, ME. If your home needs a new coat of paint, you can find a contractor with the skills and experience to deliver excellent services. You can upgrade your home's appearance with new paint that offers a durable barrier preventing damage at the same time. By seeking out a professional to handle the project, you're ensuring the work will meet your specifications.
On our all-inclusive home management platform, you can quickly search for contractors, check ratings, and read testimonials. Homeowners can check out pictures from previous exterior painting jobs to gain an understanding of what they can offer. Look through contractor profiles and narrowing down your search is a quicker process when you use our no-charge app. It's streamlined and hassle-free to use for homeowners to select the most qualified candidates for the project in their area. In addition, you can send direct messages, ask for a quote, and schedule an appointment all on one platform.
Review the project details with an exterior painting contractor who can provide you with beneficial recommendations and help you brainstorm an attractive color arrangement. Painting projects can increase your home value and essentially make it stand out in the best way. It's incredible what a good color, sheen, and application can do to bring some new life into a space. Thumbtack is available to turn your home improvement dreams into reality with help from a number of local contractors prepared to roll up their sleeves and deliver outstanding craftsmanship. Get an outstanding finished product by using our app and reach out to a skilled professional to handle every step in the process with careful attention to detail.